United Hiring (again!)

Give yourself credit. That test is HARD. Some of the smartest guys I know failed that test. I honestly don’t know how I made it past there when I took it. If you can pass that you can pass any majors test. Except maybe deltas wonderlic-esque test. That Sh-t is it’s own category.
DL got rid of the wonderlic about 2-3 years ago. They have that new test now that isn’t as terrible to be honest. Maybe I’m wrong but from what Ive heard from those that did it, DL is now the easiest interview process of the legacies… The hard part is the waiting months and months, and getting the actual face to face interview.

I did both UA and AAs tests a few years ago, and I’d say they’re both pretty tough but different. When I took AAs it was a 2 hour essay / fill in the blank test (no multiple choice here) full of all kinds of aviation / dispatch goodies. I even had to draw an airport diagram (and I’m no artist lol). The test changes every time as well so there’s no giving heads up or answers out to people down the road. Your hand will be cramping and writhing in pain when you’re done. Then a group panel interview. About 4-6 of you talking to a panel of 3 at once. They asked a situation with the first person and then added on to the story and it got harder and more complex by the time the situation got to the last person. That way no one could give the same answer or copy others.

I thought UAs was interesting that after the computer test they made you role play different scenarios when you’re doing your panel interview with 3 of their hiring folks. Intense and nerve wracking for both companies. In the end I received offers from both. Was just a matter of a moving time frame when it came down to the decision of which to take. Can’t go wrong with any of those companies though.

Good luck to those that apply.

Would you recommend studying like you’re going to try to get over a 70 on the ADX? Or are the questions outside of the realm of the 1100 ADX question bank?

Regulations, aircraft systems, reading plates and en-route charts (airways, VORs), weather, getting alt mins, etc.

Get that FAA book regarding aviation, look over FARs and everything else regarding dispatching.

Give yourself credit. That test is HARD. Some of the smartest guys I know failed that test. I honestly don’t know how I made it past there when I took it. If you can pass that you can pass any majors test. Except maybe deltas wonderlic-esque test. That Sh-t is it’s own category.
it's literally just adx from what i heard. the computer portion of the test should be a breeze unless you did 0 studying for it. wish it was more technical/experience based to be honest.

it's literally just adx from what i heard. the computer portion of the test should be a breeze unless you did 0 studying for it. wish it was more technical/experience based to be honest.

There was one question I had that seemed a bit out of the scope of coming out of school.

Attachments

• 81yVxKyJR5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    81yVxKyJR5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 58
I received a rejection email today. Never took an assessment. Wasn't expecting to get an interview just put in for the hell of it.
I didn't even know united sent rejection letters pre-face to face, maybe one of the screening questions got flagged? I always thought they ghosted if you didn't make it to interview.

Best of luck, we'll all find a home eventually.

The assessment will come if you make it to the second round after the one way interview.

Basically, they'll fly you out to chicago where youll take an assessment similar to the ADX Knowledge Exam. If you pass then they take you to another room for an in person interview.
Do I need to look at spaghetti charts or is it entirely knowledge based ie FARs, Weather, Procedures, responsibilities, etc?

Back