United Hiring (again!)

Not super related but a 51-unit order for a321neos was recently placed. Seems like everyone thinks UA is the buyer. However, those airframes are at least several years away from delivery and won’t help UA’s current growth stunted woes.

In slightly more related yet unsurprising news: word on the streets is January 2025 is likely to be the soonest one can expect another DX class, which falls in line with previous comments about the rest of the classes being pulled for 24.
The WILL have to file a SEC report to tell shareholders they spent money on airbus products. Once that report is filed prior to their next quarter call then everyone will know.

The WILL have to file a SEC report to tell shareholders they spent money on airbus products. Once that report is filed prior to their next quarter call then everyone will know.
Correct. But given their history with being primarily a customer of the other guys over the last few decades (minus the more recent previously obtained Neos) I could understand the discretion given the current public opinion towards said company.

Correct. But given their history with being primarily a customer of the other guys over the last few decades (minus the more recent previously obtained Neos) I could understand the discretion given the current public opinion towards said company.
The cat will come out of the bag once filed and the SEC WILL come after UA if they DONT file.

I saw a recent post about United ramping up hiring again for 10,000 new jobs. Does anybody know if dispatch will be in the number?

I saw a recent post about United ramping up hiring again for 10,000 new jobs. Does anybody know if dispatch will be in the number
by end of 2025… currently not enough Aircraft’s for the expansion or anticipated growth. new jobs also includes seasonal/temporary , often used for peak season.

The FAA has put a limit on the number of airframes that a certain company in WA can produce. Which slashed growth plans at most shops, but UA and WN seemed to be the most affected in terms of US carriers. Until certain criteria and sufficient safety measures are put in place, Mike Whitaker (the FAA’s administrator) has publicly stated that they will not allow production to be increased. It not only affects growth but it also keeps older tails in service longer, which becomes more of a mx burden, etc. I don’t have a crystal ball so don’t quote me, but any and all mainline hiring in the next 18 months or so would likely just be to maintain current staffing levels (replacing retirements and whatnot).

The FAA has put a limit on the number of airframes that a certain company in WA can produce. Which slashed growth plans at most shops, but UA and WN seemed to be the most affected in terms of US carriers. Until certain criteria and sufficient safety measures are put in place, Mike Whitaker (the FAA’s administrator) has publicly stated that they will not allow production to be increased. It not only affects growth but it also keeps older tails in service longer, which becomes more of a mx burden, etc. I don’t have a crystal ball so don’t quote me, but any and all mainline hiring in the next 18 months or so would likely just be to maintain current staffing levels (replacing retirements and whatnot).

Airbus isn't affected by those limitations, of course. That wouldn't help WN any, but UA may switch some of its orders from the Max to the Neo.

so...status quo for pre-pandemic hiring norms

Airbus isn't affected by those limitations, of course. That wouldn't help WN any, but UA may switch some of its orders from the Max to the Neo.
Yeah but they already have a large back order just as the other company. They also have the PW-GTF issue that has some effect on Airbus directly. If it comes out that UA was the company that made that large Airbus order (who are we kidding, it likely was), they’ll still have to wait several years to receive them.

Yeah but they already have a large back order just as the other company. They also have the PW-GTF issue that has some effect on Airbus directly. If it comes out that UA was the company that made that large Airbus order (who are we kidding, it likely was), they’ll still have to wait several years to receive them.
It won’t be overnight, and growth will definitely be slower - but it appears that a deal with Airbus is possible. At any rate, it sounds like the Max 10’s future at UA is very uncertain.

The cat will come out of the bag once filed and the SEC WILL come after UA if they DONT file.

You wanna talk about stress, let me tell you about stress. I’ve stumbled on a massive Airbus/United conspiracy A1TAPE.

Let me show you. Let’s talk about the United 320 order A1TAPE, can we talk about the United 320 order? I’m dying to talk about the United 320 order. This United 320 order keeps coming up, every day more United 320 order rumors keep getting sent back to me. This whole BOX is just United 320 orders. So I said to myself I’ve gotta find this United 320 order. I gotta get these 320 orders into United’s hands otherwise they’re never gonna get it and the rumors will keep coming back.

So I go up to the United’s offices right up to the 320 desk and what do I find? There is no United 320 order. The office doesn’t exist. So I start thinking awww • buddy I gotta start digging a little deeper. There no United 320 order? I’ve got boxes FULL of United 320 orders!

So I start marching my way down to the 320 office at Airbus. And I knock on their door and I say “Airbus, Airbussssss we’ve gotta talk about this United 320 order” and I open the door and what do I find. There is not a single goddamned plane in that building. There is no 320 order at United, there’s not a single 320 at Airbus. Half the planes that are on order are entirely made up A1TAPE. Those factories are a ghost town.

IMG_2549.jpeg

You wanna talk about stress, let me tell you about stress. I’ve stumbled on a massive Airbus/United conspiracy A1TAPE.

Let me show you. Let’s talk about the United 320 order A1TAPE, can we talk about the United 320 order? I’m dying to talk about the United 320 order. This United 320 order keeps coming up, every day more United 320 order rumors keep getting sent back to me. This whole BOX is just United 320 orders. So I said to myself I’ve gotta find this United 320 order. I gotta get these 320 orders into United’s hands otherwise they’re never gonna get it and the rumors will keep coming back.

So I go up to the United’s offices right up to the 320 desk and what do I find? There is no United 320 order. The office doesn’t exist. So I start thinking awww • buddy I gotta start digging a little deeper. There no United 320 order? I’ve got boxes FULL of United 320 orders!

So I start marching my way down to the 320 office at Airbus. And I knock on their door and I say “Airbus, Airbussssss we’ve gotta talk about this United 320 order” and I open the door and what do I find. There is not a single goddamned plane in that building. There is no 320 order at United, there’s not a single 320 at Airbus. Half the planes that are on order are entirely made up A1TAPE. Those factories are a ghost town.

View attachment 78247

"The Gang Orders An Airbus A320"

Would having multiple applications (Not making it to an Interview or Assessment) put in a new application at the bottom of the pile when the time comes?
Not that I’m aware of I had 3 in. Even if you receive tbnt you can reapply the next post matter the timeline. As long as you aren’t invited to an in person interview and not chosen, in that case you would have to wait 6 months

Back