United Hiring (again!)

I had that virtual interview about 3 weeks ago but nothing since then no TBNT letter yet, does that mean i am in a pool?

I had that virtual interview about 3 weeks ago but nothing since then no TBNT letter yet, does that mean i am in a pool?
You will receive an email congratulating you for making it and it will specifically tell you that you’ve been placed into a pool for six months. If you have not received that then you are still waiting…
But with that being said if you haven’t gotten a TBNT letter you’re still in the running.

Wondering if anyone has started getting offers for the next class starting around July 10th? Figured that they would be going out soon but not sure when exactly.. Think they just finished interviewing up last week if I’m not mistaken.

Wondering if anyone has started getting offers for the next class starting around July 10th? Figured that they would be going out soon but not sure when exactly.. Think they just finished interviewing up last week if I’m not mistaken.
They're still interviewing ppl for that July class

You will receive an email congratulating you for making it and it will specifically tell you that you’ve been placed into a pool for six months. If you have not received that then you are still waiting…
But with that being said if you haven’t gotten a TBNT letter you’re still in the running.

Nope it sounds like they don't send TBNTs anymore even if it's a No.

Class of 20, last interview date is the 19th, they're interviewing 0 to 3 ppl a day. My interview went on for almost 4 hours including the assessment. I was the only one they interviewed that day or else ppl after me would've had to wait a while. I also shadowed my best friend for 30min

Should be hearing offers the week after the 19th

Class of 20, last interview date is the 19th, they're interviewing 0 to 3 ppl a day. My interview went on for almost 4 hours including the assessment. I was the only one they interviewed that day or else ppl after me would've had to wait a while. I also shadowed my best friend for 30min

Do you know if they invited/scheduled everybody up to the 19 th?
Or are they still sending invites out?

A long interview is usually a positive sign. Good luck!

Is there a wait period for applicants between applications?
EX: If I applied for March, was denied, am I then SOL for a posting in April?
Asking for a friend....

Is there a wait period for applicants between applications?
EX: If I applied for March, was denied, am I then SOL for a posting in April?
Asking for a friend....

I don't think that is how it works, you should be fine.

Edit: Your friend should be fine lol.

Last edited:
Good luck to all applying! Word has it that the junior-manning there is starting to get out of hand. What are the policies around junior-manning for dispatchers at similar carriers?

Good luck to all applying! Word has it that the junior-manning there is starting to get out of hand. What are the policies around junior-manning for dispatchers at similar carriers?
Out of hand is putting it nicely right now. But with every class that gets signed off the junior assignments will decrease. Hopefully by the time the May or June class gets signed off the staffing will be again at a level where junior assignments are a rarity.

Out of hand is putting it nicely right now. But with every class that gets signed off the junior assignments will decrease. Hopefully by the time the May or June class gets signed off the staffing will be again at a level where junior assignments are a rarity.
So what you're saying is, united needs a lot of bodies

I don't think that is how it works, you should be fine.

Edit: Your friend should be fine lol.
So I did apply, got the confirmation web page and all....

But under my candidate profile on their main Careers page, there's no pending applications....

Anyone have any thoughts on if I should apply again or with a different email? Hopefully a line of contact to report a possible IT error to?...

ETA: did not receive the email links for the video/personality quiz on this one

But under my candidate profile on their main Careers page, there's no pending applications....

Anyone have any thoughts on if I should apply again or with a different email? Hopefully a line of contact to report a possible IT error to?...

You didn't even get an email to take their assessment right after the application? Wild

You could try applying under another email

tryTryTryAgain.png

Ghosted or IT error? It is the same, they are the same :D

I think their hiring infrastructure needs work. At one point they had two different sites to apply on. I applied on one, and not the other and then I think they took the one I applied on down. I re-applied on the new one, got the assessment did all of that and was asked to do the video interview. Application didn't show up on the site though. I tried to do the video interview and it wasn't loading. A recruiter reached out and asked if I wanted a new link because mine had expired, I said yes, got no response and not new link. I followed up as well and got no response. I've given up at this point.

I think their hiring infrastructure needs work. At one point they had two different sites to apply on. I applied on one, and not the other and then I think they took the one I applied on down. I re-applied on the new one, got the assessment did all of that and was asked to do the video interview. Application didn't show up on the site though. I tried to do the video interview and it wasn't loading. A recruiter reached out and asked if I wanted a new link because mine had expired, I said yes, got no response and not new link. I followed up as well and got no response. I've given up at this point.
I had a wonky experience as well. I applied and never got an application number or even the "thanks for applying email" and with no way to check my status on the portal thruout the hiring process. Luckily I got a functioning link for the video interview and was able to complete it.

Back