United AIP

I see why nobody wanted to go first in this environment.

Onone hand, company is losing billions and take what you can get on a short deal, renegotiate in 2 years.

On the other, giving up scope at this juncture? Y I K E S !

Other than "this sucks", I'm curious what people are unhappy about (other than the scope change, which I'm still trying to figure out if it reduces or adds regional jets).

Other than "this sucks", I'm curious what people are unhappy about (other than the scope change, which I'm still trying to figure out if it reduces or adds regional jets).

from what I can gather from constructive comments, work rules weren’t sufficiently addressed, they were smoothed over with money. And the pay raises aren’t as high as expected.

They didn’t fix any work rules they just slapped add pay on everything. No assignments before 1000am day one of reserve is changing to 0600 but hey! An hour of add pay!

The CRJ550 thing I don’t know anything about but I have heard that it is quite often weight restricted. I understand why the company wants it but don’t know why we should agree to the change.

This doesn’t change my mind about bidding a seat that makes me commute to reserve. The only thing that entices me a little is positive space commuting to training center as an instructor and being able to fly trips as a captain if you hold it. I had considered an instructor job but decided not to based on pay and commuting.

ya, no changes in scope except we give in to management's stupid jet that they literally created a new type certificate for to circumvent current scope rules and bail them out of their bad decision when they can't fly a full airplane because gee whiz, we'd sure like to stuff it full o' premium seats and customers sure do like taking their suitcases inside
gmafb, wanna fly big dollar customers, bring the jobs here you dullards
pound jet dollar et al

ya, no changes in scope except we give in to management's stupid jet that they literally created a new type certificate for to circumvent current scope rules and bail them out of their bad decision when they can't fly a full airplane because gee whiz, we'd sure like to stuff it full o' premium seats and customers sure do like taking their suitcases inside
gmafb, wanna fly big dollar customers, bring the jobs here you dullards
pound jet dollar et al

I'm not 100% sure what you are saying without any periods in there but...

What I was told a while back was that the benefit of the 550 is that you can put the jumpseat in the BOW so guys don't constantly get booted from the jumpseat like normal CRJ200 ops. Not sure how many 200s united has running around still, but I know I couldn't get on the jumpseat SFO-TUS last year because of the CG. This solves that problem, if it was in fact a complaint of commuters.

I'm not 100% sure what you are saying without any periods in there but...

What I was told a while back was that the benefit of the 550 is that you can put the jumpseat in the BOW so guys don't constantly get booted from the jumpseat like normal CRJ200 ops. Not sure how many 200s united has running around still, but I know I couldn't get on the jumpseat SFO-TUS last year because of the CG. This solves that problem, if it was in fact a complaint of commuters.

that seems like an oddly specific, minor thing on which to spend negotiating capital.

Back