Uniforms

BigZ

So with the M&H uniforms showing up to replace the dearly beloved (yet supposedly toxic) Twin Hill issue at AA and WO, a holy war starts to rage on the subject.
Having just shipped back what M&H sent me (uggghhhh), I can kinda see where the guys are coming from.
However, doesn't M&H make uniforms for a whole bunch of airlines? How do you guys like yours? Fit/comfort/all the good stuff that a piece of clothing you wear a day in and day out should have?

A lot of people like uniforms from A Cut Above. I just go with crew outfitters shirts and pants. My only gripe with the pants is they are giant. Waist is perfect but the legs look like parachute pants so I took it to the tailor to slim the legs down

Wife's reaction to TH was "Wow!", M&H "Uhhmm.... Let's see if we can fix this...." :ooh:
I'm thinking cut above pants and our contract has a provision to replace the blazer with a Perrone leather jacket (anyone #trrrrrrigggggggered yet?)
With that said, there is technically no provision for the cut above pants (or anything else other than M&H) - how does that work in real life? Close enough is close enough, or uniform police goes nuts about it?

Wife's reaction to TH was "Wow!", M&H "Uhhmm.... Let's see if we can fix this...." :ooh:
I'm thinking cut above pants and our contract has a provision to replace the blazer with a Perrone leather jacket (anyone #trrrrrrigggggggered yet?)
With that said, there is technically no provision for the cut above pants (or anything else other than M&H) - how does that work in real life? Close enough is close enough, or uniform police goes nuts about it?

Ehh,shirts from A Cut Above. Pants from Kohl’s, usually the Haggar wool blend, no wrinkle line. Who give a crack about the uniform police?

I have a $320 uniform order from M&H on my couch that has to be sent back because even though they sized me nothing they sent me fits.

I have a $320 uniform order from M&H on my couch that has to be sent back because even though they sized me nothing they sent me fits.
Lots of guys going pantsless as we were told to order a size bigger than the previous issue. I wear 34-36, ordered 38, lol'd, shipped back to exchange for 42 to see if that works. But I was one of the very few who read the fine print and called in to set up hemming afterwards (as in, billed to company direct to not deal with hemming locally and getting reimbursed), since they won't exchange hemmed pants. Most of the guys have non-exchangeable hemmed pants that require three-four months of starving to fit into.
So I'll keep exchanging until something that fits shows up, then will send it back to get hemmed. Then maybe get it tailored.
Blazer, shirts, 1" wide belt is another set of "uuuugggghhhhh"

So with the M&H uniforms showing up to replace the dearly beloved (yet supposedly toxic) Twin Hill issue at AA and WO, a holy war starts to rage on the subject.
Having just shipped back what M&H sent me (uggghhhh), I can kinda see where the guys are coming from.
However, doesn't M&H make uniforms for a whole bunch of airlines? How do you guys like yours? Fit/comfort/all the good stuff that a piece of clothing you wear a day in and day out should have?
Were you former airways? I was able to call them and they just shipped me what they had on file from airways days.

I didn’t care for the twinhill as they were too tight on my legs. Like hipsters in skinny jeans. But @learhawkerbe400 loves tight fits

Were you former airways? I was able to call them and they just shipped me what they had on file from airways days.

I didn’t care for the twinhill as they were too tight on my legs. Like hipsters in skinny jeans. But @learhawkerbe400 loves tight fits
I'm at WO. The only connection to L-US is starting my professional flying in a corporate shop ran by Airways guys and a never worn leather jacket that was bought, never worn and scored on ebay.

We just switched from A cut above shirts and twinhill for pants to crew outfitters for everything. Not a fan. The “fitted” shirt would fit great if I had some gigantic boobs and the pants are too tight that I feel like I’m going to Incredible Hulk right out of them. The neck and waist fit perfectly, it’s just the cut of the material that sucks.

Welcome to M&H fellas. I am very good friends with my tailor after six years wearing M&H through four different airlines. Just assume you'll need to get your pants and shirts tailored when your order arrives.

Better than me, I visited them in person and was treated like crap and, despite having finally collected all they needed and promising to call when stuff was ready, they never called. I called a couple months later and from what I can tell they just threw everything in the trash immediately after I left.

I get my shirts custom made, and pants I get from... Somewhere.

The only M&H pants I ever bought went straight to a tailor to have repairs done.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

We just switched from A cut above shirts and twinhill for pants to crew outfitters for everything. Not a fan. The “fitted” shirt would fit great if I had some gigantic boobs and the pants are too tight that I feel like I’m going to Incredible Hulk right out of them. The neck and waist fit perfectly, it’s just the cut of the material that sucks.
I have not ordered from them yet. I have a feeling I'm not going to bother. I couldn't even give my twinhill shirts away, they ended up in the garage as oil rags, having never been worn.

Back