UAL to require all employees to get vaccinated

Good.
I'm sure the vocal minority will be screaming about this louder than ever.

I think we’re just going to have to leave some people behind.

Modern medicine basically threw humankind a life preserver on a sinking ship. Some will grab it, others are going to drown because they’re still bitching about the taco bar being closed on the Lido deck.

Leave them behind. Enough begging.

I think we’re just going to have to leave some people behind.

Modern medicine basically threw humankind a life preserver on a sinking ship. Some will grab it, others are going to drown because they’re still bitching about the taco bar being closed on the Lido deck.

Leave them behind. Enough begging.

There is a taco bar on the pool deck? I can wear my life jacket and eat tacos. Pass the picante sauce?

This morning, a news article announced that United Airlines will mandate vaccines for all their employees, which has spurred questions from our pilots as to whether AA will try to do the same.

It’s important to note that 90% of UAL pilots have already been vaccinated, according to a UAL MEC message this morning. As an important distinction, the most recent information APA has received indicates that only 60% of AA pilots have been vaccinated. It is much less controversial to impose a vaccine mandate when you are starting from a baseline of 90% of your pilots already being vaccinated.

We will also reiterate two important points from yesterday’s APA President blast “Vaccine Mandates: Where We Stand

• Since vaccine distribution began, AA CEO Doug Parker has publicly stated that American will not mandate vaccines, and he reaffirmed this stance yesterday. In contrast, since vaccine distribution began, UAL CEO Scott Kirby has stated his desire for mandatory vaccines.
  • APA’s position is that the choice to be vaccinated should be with the pilot, and any proposed vaccine mandate would be subject to collective bargaining.

As two of the 20 Directors who collectively provide tasking to the Negotiating Committee, we oppose the concept of mandated vaccines among the pilot group. This is not a stance on vaccines; we are both vaccinated, as are our family members. Rather, this is a stance about imposing on the pilot’s ability to make decisions on their health and well-being.

We remain hopeful that we will continue with voluntary vaccinations under the provisions of LOA 21-002.

It’s nice to see that some things never change. The APA leadership is still filled with a bunch of backwardsass troglodytes, just as it’s always been.

Back