UAL MEC unanimously voted for strike authorization vote

Never thought I’d be thanking Seggy!!!! I’m gonna go buy a lotto ticket!

Excited to see my new 7ER pay scale. Sorry!!! I had to do it man…

Cheers to the UAL folks. Hope the full language is good for you guys, y’all deserve it!

Never thought I’d be thanking Seggy!!!! I’m gonna go buy a lotto ticket!

Excited to see my new 7ER pay scale. Sorry!!! I had to do it man…

Cheers to the UAL folks. Hope the full language is good for you guys, y’all deserve it!

Ummmmm, there is no 7ER pay scale in the UAL Contract….

1689611866746.png

Obviously need to wait to see full language but I think it will pass by a pretty wide margin. 80% would be my over under. There are some disappointments for me (sick leave is still very much lacking, it was a cave to senior pilots who don't call in sick when they should) and reassignments still look to be a problem. The pro's far out weigh the cons though and unless I see some glaring issues in the full language I'm probably a yes at this point.

Obviously need to wait to see full language but I think it will pass by a pretty wide margin. 80% would be my over under. There are some disappointments for me (sick leave is still very much lacking, it was a cave to senior pilots who don't call in sick when they should) and reassignments still look to be a problem. The pro's far out weigh the cons though and unless I see some glaring issues in the full language I'm probably a yes at this point.

Honestly, I LOVE what they did to sick leave and am certainly not in the group you mention. They will be on that in the future and IMHO be better than Delta's.

Honestly, I LOVE what they did to sick leave and am certainly not in the group you mention. They will be on that in the future and IMHO be better than Delta's.

I mean the bridge for LTD is a good thing, however our accumulation rate is still too low. If you have a medical issue where you don't go on LTD but it's a longer leave, it's tough. I had kidney stones this year and burned all of my sick leave and then some in one shot. I now only have 10 hours (would be 12 under the new contract) which barely covers a 2 day trip. My occurrence was almost a year ago. Again, not worth voting no over, but still disappoint as it was a cave to the very senior pilots that have an obscene amount of sick time banked. The bigger issue I see is reassignment. Again, got to see full language but I've been rolled into a day off 6 times now since I've been a line holder. (Going on 9 months I believe) That's almost 1 day lost a month. I know I'm an extreme example and maybe it has something to do with CLE pairings and always ending up going through EWR on our last day, but still. The financial penalty has to be steeper to deter them from always using it.

I mean the bridge for LTD is a good thing, however our accumulation rate is still too low. If you have a medical issue where you don't go on LTD but it's a longer leave, it's tough. I had kidney stones this year and burned all of my sick leave and then some in one shot. I now only have 10 hours (would be 12 under the new contract) which barely covers a 2 day trip. My occurrence was almost a year ago. Again, not worth voting no over, but still disappoint as it was a cave to the very senior pilots that have an obscene amount of sick time banked. The bigger issue I see is reassignment. Again, got to see full language but I've been rolled into a day off 6 times now since I've been a line holder. (Going on 9 months I believe) That's almost 1 day lost a month. I know I'm an extreme example and maybe it has something to do with CLE pairings and always ending up going through EWR on our last day, but still. The financial penalty has to be steeper to deter them from always using it.
Did you see the extended sick leave provision?

Did you see the extended sick leave provision?
I did and it's a step in the right direction for those extended leaves and the bridge to LTD. However, like the situation I'm in now where I had an extended leave...didn't qualify for rapid accrual...so now with our minimal accrual rate if I get sick again, I have to wait a long time to call in sick with pay. Again, it's not bad enough to vote the contract down over it but I do wish the accrual rate was higher or a Delta system was in place.

I did and it's a step in the right direction for those extended leaves and the bridge to LTD. However, like the situation I'm in now where I had an extended leave...didn't qualify for rapid accrual...so now with our minimal accrual rate if I get sick again, I have to wait a long time to call in sick with pay. Again, it's not bad enough to vote the contract down over it but I do wish the accrual rate was higher or a Delta system was in place.
Yeah, I definitely get that for situations now. But going forward you’d get 120 hours immediately on DOS plus 4 hours a month of ESB… plus 6 hours regular sick. That 120 hours+ can be used when your sick bank is exhausted. If what happened to you this year happened next year you’d be fine.

I’m with you on the now-term stuff.

Yeah, I definitely get that for situations now. But going forward you’d get 120 hours immediately on DOS plus 4 hours a month of ESB… plus 6 hours regular sick. That 120 hours+ can be used when your sick bank is exhausted. If what happened to you this year happened next year you’d be fine.

I’m with you on the now-term stuff.

Yes and no...I took the entire month of Oct off and ran out of sick time. Under the new UPA, I would of benefitted slightly because I would have had my entire monthly guarantee covered instead of losing out on a couple hours of pay. I'd however still be in the same spot with sick leave moving forward. It will take 3 months effectively until I can call out for a trip again with full pay because you need to use 15 hours of regular sick time until moving back into your ESB.

Back