Turbine Vs Jet...

Congrats on the news!!!

Who is it that you are going to be flying with out of KTUL? KRVS as you may know is just a stones throw from there. If you find yourself stuck up there send me a ping and we'll see if we can work out some dinner.

Me I'm sitting in MCO for the weekend working on my tan....

HAHA NIIIICE!!! You bet... I'll keep ya posted when im up there.. end of first week Im headed up there... second week I start. I'll keep ya posted.

Great news on getting a Bravo. You'll have it easy with that trailing link landing gear. Our II is a bit stiff legged...

Answering your previous question, after rotation you're looking for V2+10 or greater and 400' AGL for flap retraction and that's usually where we engage the yaw damper. Otherwise everything else is pretty standard as Crockrocket listed.

I've never had the privilege of flying a bravo; a couple of our other pilots have though. I've been told it's very quiet inside compared to the old II or an S-II.

Great news on getting a Bravo. You'll have it easy with that trailing link landing gear. Our II is a bit stiff legged...

Answering your previous question, after rotation you're looking for V2+10 or greater and 400' AGL for flap retraction and that's usually where we engage the yaw damper. Otherwise everything else is pretty standard as Crockrocket listed.

I've never had the privilege of flying a bravo; a couple of our other pilots have though. I've been told it's very quiet inside compared to the old II or an S-II.

As far as being quiet, that is just what the CA said a few days ago. He said that when they built it, they did "packing" instillation instead of the normal way, and they double sealed the door to stop the wind noise too. Cockpit is quieter as well. They had a II and he said that with the Bravo he said they lost over 100 lbs of fuel capacity compared to the II but its still able to save more fuel than a II can anyways. I thought that was pretty funny. Im really looking forward to learning the little things that like as well about the Bravo.

I'm defiantly looking forward to starting to fly, however, pretty nervous as well, as its a big leap forward from my current job and just trying to do everything I can to make it an easy transition and positive learning experience for me, and minimize the stress on the CA thats pretty much taking me under his wing for awhile before I head out to formal training. He said his boss did that for him and it made the initial that much easier.

Thanks so much for everyones help!!
Brent

I've got somewhere between 1000 and 1500 hours in the Bravo. Let me know if you have any more questions that I can help with.

Back