Tough decisions and broken crystal balls

Yeah, I know quite a few Jerzy snowbirds that swear by Spirit. Bitch about the experience but brag about the prices.

Damn. I was hoping you'd like my new Blue Tattoo.

If I'm ever lucky enough to interview at JB I'm showing up like this

Blue_Man_Group_Berlin.jpg

Yeah, I know quite a few Jerzy snowbirds that swear by Spirit. Bitch about the experience but brag about the prices.

Tell Spirit they got competition. Frontier has opened a major focus city at Trenton. Just bought the wife/baby a ticket to DTW for just $39 one way. This is a confirmed/revenue ticket! In the Carolinas they do RDU and CLT, and in Florida they do MCO, FLL, TPA, and RSW.

It's not competition; rather it's increasing the passenger count. And Trenton appeals to passengers from the north while ACY appeals to passengers from the south.

Spirit does not fly a route if they don't make money. ACY flights are quite popular. So, I don't believe anyone has to "tell Spirit" anything!

I hope you purchased a ticket for the baby.

lostplanetairman said:
It's not competition; rather it's increasing the passenger count. And Trenton appeals to passengers from the north while ACY appeals to passengers from the south.

Spirit does not fly a route if they don't make money. ACY flights are quite popular. So, I don't believe anyone has to "tell Spirit" anything!

We did some subservience for Spirit out of Lauderdale a few months back. Every flight was packed to the gills.

Good points, can't deny that. TTN is a lot closer to me than ACY. Each has their positives like you mentioned. Curious, what do you mean ticket for the baby? He's less than a year old and I selected from the drop down menu a child ages 0-2 (that was an option to select). Can you buy a ticket for a baby less than one year old? Wouldn't that require some sort of special FAA approval for an infant seat?

Is a car seat approved by the FAA to be used as a tie down seat on an airplane?
Car seats will say on them whether or not they are DOT approved for aircraft. In the little airplane world we deal with that all of the time, though typically with older children as most of our, uh, target market will take full advantage of the 2 year old lap baby. Shoot a lot of them would lap carry kids a lot older if the village agents didn't know the kids age.

If you wife's ticket is that inexpensive, then buy a ticket for the baby so your child can ride in the car seat. I was in a car accident in which I was protected by my seatbelt and hit by a car that ran a red light exiting I95 at 55 mph. I flew forward and the seatbelt protected me, but then I flew back and cracked my skull open. That was the impact in a seatbelt and at 55 mph. Imagine a baby in the arms of a parent ... Is your child worth $39?

It should be mandatory. If you understand math and physics, you get it. If not, Google it.

Either way, turbulence or any reason the crew needs to get in the brakes - especially a high-speed reject - could cause severe harm.

It should be mandatory that EVERY soul on a plane be required to have a seat and be secured.

Back