To wear a Tie or no...

fish1260

Should I wear a tie for an interview for a CFI position? Shirt and slacks are a given, but most flight training is pretty laid back. It is a large 141 and 61 school with both foreign and local students. Definitely a more formal (uniforms) operation than a mom and pop fbo.

Wear a tie. So many people nowadays don't go into an interview and try to earn the job. Instead they walk in like they own the place and expect the job. Better to set yourself apart.

maybe I'm anal about things, but nothing says disrespect like sloppy wrinkled shirts and pants, people who are not "squared away" looking, meaning shirt is tucked in tight, shoes shined, face shaved, and hair cut nice. so yes, wear a tie, with well ironed shirt and pants, and dont go in with skuffed up frwsh off the grinder boots/shoes! If your image demands respect and gives off confidence without you even saying a word then you are well on your way to success!

Point well taken. I just wanted to avoid being over dressed as Bike21 alluded to, I feel that is something that I commonly do, though it can't hurt. I certainly never have, nor do I intend to go in sloppy and unshaven. As a matter of fact I made the post, just finished Ironing my slacks, and am now reading all your posts! :rolleyes:

my question is why go to Hillsboro Aviation in the first place? You will only make $14 an hour and they will treat you like garbage. Plenty of better options in the Portland area.

Please, Please, PLEASE!

Wear the tie!!!!!!!!!!

At the beginning of the year I was heading up CFI recruting over here and I can't begin to tell you the stories of the guys that showed up looking like they were headed out to the park to shoot hoops.

The best part was that most of the guys that dressed down had more hours and experience the Chuck Yeager, but like N826AW mentioned, you get some guys that show up like "Hey, I'm here for that CFI job, you know, the one I already have because I'm me. When do I start?"

We sent quite a few guys packin' just because they came in looking like bums, so please overdress.

Most of the guys here showed up in 3 pieces, so maybe that will make you feel a little better.

Please, Please, PLEASE!

Wear the tie!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the guys here showed up in 3 pieces, so maybe that will make you feel a little better.

Maybe I should pull out the Tux from my wedding....I wonder if i still fit in that:nana2:

I'll wear the tie!

Back