The official "Waiting on FOL from NYC PEPC"

No clearance hangups whatsoever; I've had everything back since mid-April. My facility is on the "HOLD" list for FY09, as are the other two facilities in St. Louis, so I wouldn't have been able to transfer to another facility. Here's hoping that the class schedules for FY2010 come out soon and that we terminal folks don't get put on the back burner. Heck, I'd almost put in for a transfer to TRACON if I could get in a month earlier, because it's really throwing off our "save for a house" plan. My wife can't get a full-time job until we relocate without being one of those "jerk" employees that basically comes online long enough to learn the job and then quits. Oh well, the wait time at this point is a year and two weeks, so what's another 3-4 months? :(

The schedule for the first two quarters is up over at SM. Terminal classes don't begin until late November.

No clearance hangups whatsoever; I've had everything back since mid-April. My facility is on the "HOLD" list for FY09, as are the other two facilities in St. Louis, so I wouldn't have been able to transfer to another facility. Here's hoping that the class schedules for FY2010 come out soon and that we terminal folks don't get put on the back burner. Heck, I'd almost put in for a transfer to TRACON if I could get in a month earlier, because it's really throwing off our "save for a house" plan. My wife can't get a full-time job until we relocate without being one of those "jerk" employees that basically comes online long enough to learn the job and then quits. Oh well, the wait time at this point is a year and two weeks, so what's another 3-4 months? :(

ya same here bro.

i wanna buy a house shortly after coming back so i can turn around and sell that bad boy after im done with louisiana.

but the longer this takes the more my savings shrinks.

Here's hoping that the class schedules for FY2010 come out soon and that we terminal folks don't get put on the back burner. Heck, I'd almost put in for a transfer to TRACON if I could get in a month earlier, because it's really throwing off our "save for a house" plan.
Unfortunally you may be on the back burner. This was all posted on SM.

(50043) AIR TRAFFIC BASICS (TERMINAL)
terminaltrainingfy2010.jpg

(50143) AIR TRAFFIC BASICS (EN ROUTE)
enroutetrainingfy2010.jpg

(50043001) AIR TRAFFIC BASICS (TRACON)
tracontrainingfy2010.jpg

These would be the courses after Basics.
(50046) INITIAL TOWER CAB TRAINING
initialtower.jpg

(50055001) INTRODUCTION TO RADAR CONTROL [I believe this is for TRACON, at least it falls in line with end dates for tracon basic courses.]
introtoradar.jpg

(50146) INITIAL EN ROUTE AND USER REQUEST EVALUATION TOOL (URET) TRAINING
initialenroute.jpg

ya i know where thats posted originally on the faa website.

those dates are tentative until they get to scheduleing more classes mid august.

Unfortunally you may be on the back burner. This was all posted on SM.

Yeah, that list has been publicly available on the FAA Academy website (http://www.academy.faa.gov/class/searchClass.asp?CID=50043) for over a month now. I was waiting for the "new schedules" that were supposed to come out around this week or next that will get HR setting class schedules for October/November. I'm really hoping some October ones get added in to the mix for us tower folks, but I don't really hold out much hope for it.

My husband just got all of his clearances...finally! there was a hold up on the medical end..but they called him and said he was now cleared..so its official..but he's just waiting to get the FOL in the mail...we are trying to figure out when we'd be going to Oklahoma because we have our first child due Oct. 2nd!!! but we would still like to go as soon as possible..has anyone heard when the fall/winter classes are?

okay..sorry i'm a little confused.. those class dates only show start to end, one month long..i thought we had to be out there for 3 months?? and do you have to wait for you HR person to get you into one of these classes? or can you call to get into them?

okay..sorry i'm a little confused.. those class dates only show start to end, one month long..i thought we had to be out there for 3 months?? and do you have to wait for you HR person to get you into one of these classes? or can you call to get into them?

You have a lot of reading to do. All of your questions are answered on here

Those are just the Basics courses. The real classes start after those class dates end.

i am still waiting on my FOL as well for ZDC. Was told by my hr rep that fall class schedule will come out in august with earliest class date being october. Getting a little antsy. Any other people headed to ZDC?

Not going to ZDC, but my rep said the same thing. Going to ZJX. I haven't seen anyone on here going to JAX or ZJX.

Also there are alot of students in the OKC right now who are going to Washington center and Potomac TRACON so for those of you who are going to those facilities and your waiting on class date good luck:whatever:

Also there are alot of students in the OKC right now who are going to Washington center and Potomac TRACON so for those of you who are going to those facilities and your waiting on class date good luck:whatever:

In my Basics class, nearly half are going to Potomac, the rest to various other TRACONs. Kind of interesting.......

Back