The "Max" Challenge

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
@Maximillian_Jenius -

Ok, the last two times I've doubted your predictions, I'd ended up on the losing end and promised you a steak dinner on each. And you've still got those coming so let me know when you're ready.

So my airline, apparently, has a wide body order that's set to be announced on or before Thanksgiving.

What do you think it is?

I already owe you two trips to the Sizzler, but if you're right, you're getting upgraded to N. SDL's Ruth's Chris (with side). And I'm serious.

So. What do you think it is?

The board gave approval to purchase 50 aircraft. Just so happens Emirates cancelled an order for 50 A350-900's that have delivery slots for 2019.;) Though Southernjets was really impressed with Virgin's first 787 that flew the inaugural ATL to LHR. It was sitting at Landmark the day we got back from NJC. :stir:

The board gave approval to purchase 50 aircraft. Just so happens Emirates cancelled an order for 50 A350-900's that have delivery slots for 2019.;) Though Southernjets was really impressed with Virgin's first 787 that flew the inaugural ATL to LHR. It was sitting at Landmark the day we got back from NJC. :stir:

Insider info, insider info....Off to jail you go with Martha Stewart....

So this is tough... Delta may be deciding between the 787-9, A350, A330NEO, and maybe more 777's. My ideal choice would be a split order of 787-9's and A350-900's.

Now here's my dilemma. Delta likes to take their time and wait things out. The A350 is brand new, not even flying with anyone yet. I don't think Delta likes to be the first customer out of the gate to fly it. But who knows what might happen if Airbii offers HUGE discounts and free flight training services. The A330NEO, well... that isn't even built yet. But Delta does already have an operation running the 330's. I'm sure that there will be commonality with the NEO and CEO. But refer back to Delta doesn't typically like to be the first customer out of the gate. But RA does like the 330. The 787 has had its many kinks, but Boeing seems to have ironed them all out for the most part. The 787-9 is reliable and working wonders for United and other airlines worldwide. As for 777's, well Delta already has a bunch of them, maybe they might get some 300ER's. That would be nice!

Enough stalling. My official guess... 787-9's.

I think that they might split the order with any of the other planes mentioned above, but I can't be too sure at this juncture.

Oh yeah... #a.net

Split order of 787-9s and A330s/A350s. Unless they find a sweetheart deal on 777s better than the 717 deal, no more 777s. RA told an In Command class that no more 777s will be ordered.

Attachments

• tumblr_mhimwpZwV11s4ow77o1_400.gif
    tumblr_mhimwpZwV11s4ow77o1_400.gif
    444.3 KB · Views: 168
Back