The jump seat battle with the uneducated.

A couple pages late, but I think it is still relevant.
RR26Btb.jpg

On the Saab there was literally NO WHERE in the cabin to store crew roller bags. Anyone who was transitioning from the ATR, with it's cavernous cargo just behind the cockpit (actually separating the cabin from the cockpit) found this separation from our bags to be undesirable... ORD ramp could not seem to figure out what "CREW BAG DO NOT REMOVE" meant and were constantly taking crew bags off the Saab and sending them inside/baggage claim/Omaha/wherever and so a lot of the Saab guys got pissed and bought locks & chains and locked their bags to the cargo net. It worked...

Erm.

On the "other" side of the fence, we hand out big yellow ones that say "DO NOT REMOVE, CREWMEMBER ON BOARD" - pretty hard to goof that up.

Seems like it should be at least. I had my big yellow tags on too. But they no longer recognize them. Apparently, we are a threat to aviation security.

I mean, it might be you individually. I dunno. ;)

LOL! Ask yourself that question next time you use a KCM line, and get your hands swabbed for explosives.

"Really? REALLY!"

Some days I wish I had a bag of gun powder just to rub all over myself when they check me, just to see what would happen.

LOL! Ask yourself that question next time you use a KCM line, and get your hands swabbed for explosives.

"Really? REALLY!"

Some days I wish I had a bag of gun powder just to rub all over myself when they check me, just to see what would happen.
The ETDs don't really work, or at least I'm pretty sure I read a GAO report to that effect. (Maybe it was the "huffer" machines that didn't work; I don't remember.)

The ETDs don't really work, or at least I'm pretty sure I read a GAO report to that effect. (Maybe it was the "huffer" machines that didn't work; I don't remember.)

Well the swabs definitely do something. It alarmed on me once. I got a nice pleasant pat down out of it in a private room at LGA.

I had a United agent (back in my XJT days) list me for a flight 1 hour and 5 minutes before departure time. That got me a verbal berating and a front row seat to a temper tantrum of epic proportions, inclusive of a threat at the end, from a mainline United pilot. All I said to him was that it didn't matter what time either one of us checked in, it was SkyWest flight and I had priority. He then proceeded to inquire why I had priority, with spittle flying.

Me: "Because they own us."
Him: "Well, I'm not aware of anything like that."
Me: "Just because you're not aware doesn't change the fact."
Him: "Well, I hope you NEVER come over to United."
Me: "Excuse me?"
Him: "I hope you NEVER come over to United."
Me: "Is that a threat?"
Him: (Silence and storming off in a huff).

God, I miss being a UAX pilot.

From my former life, that seemed to be endemic of all major airlines indiscriminately.

On the Saab there was literally NO WHERE in the cabin to store crew roller bags. Anyone who was transitioning from the ATR, with it's cavernous cargo just behind the cockpit (actually separating the cabin from the cockpit) found this separation from our bags to be undesirable... ORD ramp could not seem to figure out what "CREW BAG DO NOT REMOVE" meant and were constantly taking crew bags off the Saab and sending them inside/baggage claim/Omaha/wherever and so a lot of the Saab guys got pissed and bought locks & chains and locked their bags to the cargo net. It worked...

My bag got removed in an out station more than once when I was at ASA. VERY frustrating.

Autothrust Blue said:
Erm. On the "other" side of the fence, we hand out big yellow ones that say "DO NOT REMOVE, CREWMEMBER ON BOARD" - pretty hard to goof that up.
What do you mean the other side of the fence?

Back