The Imminent threat to our Careers.

There were no QoL reductions in PSA's deal. My QoL at PSA is through the roof right now. Also we have CR9 rates that are industry average and were not changed.

Now that other stuff......Yea that sucked.

I'm sure you are very well informed as to what was actually in the deal though.o_O
Save this quote "my QOL is thru the roof!" for your scrapbook.

There were no QoL reductions in PSA's deal. My QoL at PSA is through the roof right now. Also we have CR9 rates that are industry average and were not changed.

Now that other stuff......Yea that sucked.

I'm sure you are very well informed as to what was actually in the deal though.o_O
I do know. I worked there from 08 till October of last year..:confused:

Save this quote "my QOL is thru the roof!" for your scrapbook.

I will, and it is.

I don't need to hit 5th year FO pay(as much as it sucks that I will not) to be getting a ton of days off and enjoying myself.

All the while getting a bunch of soft pay to do it.

??? Cathay already has freighter bases in the US. In fact I think they also have passenger-side bases in LAX and SFO. There are plenty of USA based American pilots at Cathay, I take them to/from SFO-LAX when they commute in the back with us.

Back on topic.

I read that this is a clever ploy by the above company to avoid Norway's work place laws.

The pilot will be "employed" in singapore? What a joke.

They are actively hiring, but still require EASA licenses. Few Americans have that so it's pretty much a European only job right now. I've talked to quite a few guys who have gone there from other places. They all live in Europe and will be having extended layovers near their home even though they are "based" in Bangkok. Some guys have chosen to live in Bangkok as well.

The 787 is a cool ride, just got a type in it this week :).

FLL based; maybe two trips a month ( FLL-OSL-BKK-OSL-FLL and something like a FLL-ARL-JFK-ARL-FLL ); good group of guys to fly with; reasonable money. Wouldn't be a bad lifestyle.

Oh, the agency is based out of Singapore to answer your question.

TP

Thanks, TP. I knew you'd know. For some reason, I thought Rishworth was a Kiwi agency. Congrats on your B787 type rating. :cool:

They are, but the contracts are written in another jurisdiction. I believe they used to use Vanuatu or one of those other South Pacific islands, which was one reason I would never use them. Good luck suing them in Vanuatu.

It would appear for this they set-up a Singapore subsidiary, not really sure.

TP

@typhoonpilot I'm curious man, you seem to know most of these deals are too good to be true, why is it you still defend the foreign contract carriers for the most part? Due diligence aside, are you just trying to provoke folks into it or just looking into it? I cant figure out which it is after the past few years. I know you've had some good luck but it till seems very much caveat emptor and a have your girl blow on the dice before you roll venture.

The last ten years of stagnation in the airline industry is why. Pilots have needed an alternative to save their career, advance their career, or otherwise. Some foreign airlines have provided that. When I went overseas in 2002 there were only a handful of Americans flying for foreign carriers. Now there are close to 1000.

It would be great if we could have all stayed in the USA and had wonderful careers at a U.S. major. Sadly that does not happen for many so alternatives are necessary.

Not sure about the "too good to be true" part though. Too good to be true was being a 24 year old new hire at a U.S. major. End up furloughed for 8 years; go back for a few years; then get furloughed again; get pension stolen from you; then get devastated in a ridiculous seniority integration. You expect I would defend ALPA after that?

Career fulfillment is a big part of the equation in life. Many of us are driven to succeed. When we get blocked from success through no fault of our own something is missing in life. A lot of guys have a hard time figuring it out. Those who can find an alternative to get to the left seat of a widebody flying international figure it out. It is a feeling of liberation. You don't have to be a slave to ALPA your whole life.

Typhoonpilot

Back