The "Fix It" letter

Like "please never send anything to this address again; good day"?

:D

RiverbasinAir@airlanerapp

Congratz you come interview now. Plz give us ur social security numbr for important background check. Also we can get direct deposits ready, leave some bank account number. Also pleas reset email password at this link. Happy for excited to meet you soon,

River Basin Air
Nigeria Office

RiverbasinAir@airlanerapp

Congratz you come interview now. Plz give us ur social security numbr for important background check. Also we can get direct deposits ready, leave some bank account number. Also pleas reset email password at this link. Happy for excited to meet you soon,

River Basin Air
Nigeria Office

Link doesn't work!

:sarcasm: :)

Career objectives have no place on a résumé. You can use a cover letter to talk about why the job is a good fit for you.

Possibly that's the latest thing for aviation resume preparation.

However, less than 2 years ago I went through two professional resume preparation companies (for a business not related at all to the aviation world) and they both kept the "Objective" line.

Slight tangent, but while we're on the topic of making yourself marketable. Always amazes me that those who constantly complain and exhibit bad attitude wonder why they can't get hired. Then go on to complain about the 'minorities' taking their jerbs - on social media no less. Don't be that guy.

Make sure to put a picture of yourself on the resume as well.

and some glitter

tobias-funke-headshot.jpeg

Slight tangent, but while we're on the topic of making yourself marketable. Always amazes me that those who constantly complain and exhibit bad attitude wonder why they can't get hired. Then go on to complain about the 'minorities' taking their jerbs - on social media no less. Don't be that guy.

See it a bunch on facebook. Then the same guys blowing up the Delta Recruiting Facebook page with likes and lols and 'can't wait to see you guys at the recruiting event Saturday!'

Socially awkward and lack of self awareness I've heard it called.

The frustrating part for many who apply at Delta is the job history. It very clearly states to go back 10 years on Airline Apps, but Delta wants your entire job history back to high school. For many folks, high school was way over 10 years. That should be notated someplace when applying through that system.

This is a common misconception. The directions state:

"

Employment History:

Please enter your COMPLETE employment history.
ALL applications should include a COMPLETE employment history. IF you have not been employed for 10 years, AND you are applying for a job which requires a background check, your work/unemployment/education must account for the last 10 years.

"

To reiterate, they want your COMPLETE work history (back to high school).

They only want residence history back to 10 yrs...

Possibly that's the latest thing for aviation resume preparation.

However, less than 2 years ago I went through two professional resume preparation companies (for a business not related at all to the aviation world) and they both kept the "Objective" line.

Resume preparation companies want to present you with a complicated, but good looking document that makes you think you couldn't have done it alone, and get you to tell everyone the same thing. They aren't there to make an effective resume.

I've observed a fair amount of this at the job fairs. When I (accidentally) strike up a conversation with somebody like this I can't tell if I'm being trolled by an "embedded recruiter" or if some people really are that oblivious.

But c'mon.....the entertainment value of such rants cannot be found elsewhere. :)

My friend says it is sadly hilarious how many put a carrier on "BLAST!" that end up applying.

When you ask for a complete ten year address history, if you're missing a week here or there and lived in a basement of a bus station, that's part of your address history.

Remember, the most literal interpretation of the question you're being asked.

Come on now Derg. I really have to laugh at that. If you have a gap just adjust the damn dates so there aren't gaps, not rocket science. I wouldn't remotely consider putting "two weeks living on the couch at so and so's house" on the SF-86 for a security clearance so I sure as hell wouldn't put it on a job application. Then again, I'm not applying so I guess YMMV...

Come on now Derg. I really have to laugh at that. If you have a gap just adjust the damn dates so there aren't gaps, not rocket science. I wouldn't remotely consider putting "two weeks living on the couch at so and so's house" on the SF-86 for a security clearance so I sure as hell wouldn't put it on a job application. Then again, I'm not applying so I guess YMMV...

This is what he's saying, without actually telling anyone to fudge the dates. It's called "common sense."

My personal favorite was a guy I was making small talk with about getting hired/job fairs and his response was to borderline yell, "Hell no I'm not going to the GAY pilots fair!" ... in uniform.. at the gate... in LAX. Couldn't walk away fast enough.

Back