The Best Aviation Movie!

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe all of those posts and only a little snipit goes to "The High and The Mighty"?! That was an awesome movie. There are excellent shots of the DC-4. Very, very technically accurate. Captain Gann supervised all of the filming. Plus you can't go wrong with Robert Stack and John Wayne.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree wholeheartedly. What a shame "Fate is the Hunter" had to be such a dopey movie (rescued by a young Suzanne Pleshette, mmmm). Wish it had been a truer adaptation of the greatest aviation book ever written. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Although it wasn't a movie, there was a PBS miniseries I saw a few years back called "Piece of Cake" that I thought was pretty good. It followed the pilots of a WWII RAF Spitfire squadron as they progressed through the war.

I liked "Blackhawk Down" as far as helo movies. And, although highly inaccurate and not for one second did I believe Owen Wilson as a NFO, I thought the scene where the Super Hornet gets shot down in "Behind Enemy Lines" was pretty entertaining.

has anyone mentioned the "turbulence" movies yet?1 they're so NOT the greatest.. but they do have some pretty funny part! like when the 747 rolls 360 while in a tstorm.. that type of thing!

Let's not forget the made-for-TV movies. Anyone see "Pandora's Clock", where the Level 4 "doomsday" virus is supposed to be circulating in a 747, and no country will allow them to land because of it being a contagion? It was pretty good actually. (I even taped it ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

Most importantly, it had MacGuyver as the captain -- cool!
banger.gif
(The guy who played him, anyway.)

There was also:
Medusa's Child
Hijacked
Nowhere To Land

And a million others that I'm sure are out there.

i remember that one... and don't forget about the langoliers! where everyone sleeping on the plane disappears after going thru a "crack in time".... haha

I would say the best aviation movie is Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines... you gotta watch it!

B00014NEX0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I don't watch anything that says "Family Feature" If If I'm going to watch a movie, I'd like to see lots of scotch, beer, language that would make a sailor blush in shame and at least one gratuitous sex scene.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Back