The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...about-the-failure-of-the-gun-bill-in-numbers/

Not so much, according to a new Washington Post-Pew Research Center poll. Yes, a plurality (47 percent) describe themselves as either “angry” or “disappointed” about the failure of the gun legislation, but 39 percent call themselves “relieved” or “happy” about what happened. That’s a far cry from the 90-ish percent support that expanding background checks — the centerpiece of the proposed legislation — enjoyed.

Pictures are pictures, regardless of the page on which they're posted, and it was the photos (and not the commentary) which was worthy of posting.

You are right, kids shouldn't have to repeat this image because of the progun lobby
image.jpg

There isn't anyone, anywhere who doesn't think that the Sandy Hook incident isn't a phenomenal tragedy all around.

Of course photos of it are heartbreaking and should trigger an emotional reaction.

You are right, kids shouldn't have to repeat this image because of the progun lobby View attachment 23552
Tell me something....how would more gun control have prevented Sandy Hook? His Mother bought the Bushmaster legally at a gun shop two years prior. It was even locked up in a gun safe. Smaller magazines? They can be changed in an instant with practice. What if he had just brought home made pipe bombs with him or other types of explosives? Or carried in gasoline and doused everyone and set them on fire? No laws are going to protect the all of the innocent against every evil deed nor every evil person. Evil will find a way, sadly. I think we were just reminded of this in Boston.

All these crazy shortages has got me thinking. Anyone here shoot any air rifles? I'm thinking of getting a Gamo for backyard plinking.

You are right, kids shouldn't have to repeat this image because of the progun lobby View attachment 23552

At some point the "emotion" you are trying to conjure with transparently obvious emotional appeals simply elicits an eye roll. Like when they trot out Gabby anytime they need a reliable, cheap applause mechanism. Liberals have no dignity at all. ATN is beginning to see this. I'm simply wondering when the rest of the ether will wear off and he will start seeing that arguments he is for are handled the same way by the dems. When he realizes that he'll become republican.

WacoFan said:
At some point the "emotion" you are trying to conjure with transparently obvious emotional appeals simply elicits an eye roll. Like when they trot out Gabby anytime they need a reliable, cheap applause mechanism.

As always a gross mis representation.

She is an advocate for a cause she obviously has a reason to try to champion. The right wingers use the father of one of the Columbine victims all the time in advancing their agenda. They are advocates for their side of the issue.

Liberals have no dignity at all.

Now you must have been tired when you wrote this. After the way the conservative candidates acted this past election cycle, you must have meant that 'Conservatives have no dignity at all'.

ATN is beginning to see this.

No he's just lost for now on the gun control debate.

I'm simply wondering when the rest of the ether will wear off and he will start seeing that arguments he is for are handled the same way by the dems. When he realizes that he'll become republican.

Doubtful.

Back