The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

I'm not saying a gun can't be used to defend oneself, but it's a tool that one needs proper training for. It's doubtful someone posting on a pilot internet board has that extensive training. There are a few LEOs on here or military that do, but a vast majority don't.

I never took a training course to get a concealed carry permit (I was exempt because of prior military service), but I'm not sure how much proper training one really needs. Don't point the thing at something unless you want to shoot it, and assume every firearm is loaded. That's really about it, most gun classes are mostly about firearms laws.

And I think there are a lot of us here that were prior military.

Actually something similar intensity wise to the FFDO training program. They take amateurs and make them extremely sharp and competent.

If that type of program was required for gun owners, I'd be singing a much different tune in my gun views.
Ok, now I know you're trolling.

s-BULLET-COCKPIT-large.jpg

I agree that training would benefit civilians with gun ownership, but at what point does it cross into 2nd amendment rights of saying, in order to own a gun, you must qualify each year etc...

Bad point as everyone has a right to vote but you actually have to expend resources (time, money, educating yourself) to exercise that right. It would be no different with firearm training.

Bad point as everyone has a right to vote but you actually have to expend resources (time, money, educating yourself) to exercise that right. It would be no different with firearm training.
Not the same. It's not required that you educate yourself, (although thats a good idea) and with fire arms, it requires time and money for purchases.

Do you want me to pull the stats on how many accidental discharges there are daily by Police Officers and Military folks? The FFDO program has an extremely low rate.

Yes please on the military rates. That would actually be some useful information to me. Much appreciated!

Another thing I have a problem with is this view that you should limit law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

I couldn't give two craps if you want to own a gun or not. If not...then great, let me know how that works out for you. But leave me alone if I actually want to protect my family. I am not sure why all anti gunners want to paste us as John Wayne wannabes. I don't want to go and get into a gun fight with anyone. I will leave that for the cops. Break down my door, and you will get 3 .40s to the chest minimum. That is not gunfighting or playing "cops". That is saying I will not be a victim in my own home. I just want to be left alone...as most gun owners do. You (anti gunners) brought this fight to us and as usual, we are just defending ourselves. Gah, it amazes me how many of you are willing to bend over and take it...

And lastly, for those that want to fight against guns, please please please start doing your homework and stop arguing fact that are not only untrue, but have tons of documentation saying they are not true. Ahhhh rant over.

Fixed it for you.

Well if that isn't a slap in the face to veterans.

So you would be okay with a citizen having to pass a basic civics exam in order to be allowed to vote?

Good call.

How about English language tests before allowing free speech? There should also be a test to prevent "hate speech" :)

Another good call, can't be too sure that someone will exercise their right responsibly.

Back