The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

Just like the 'Fast and Furious' hearings. Its alarming stuff.

Did anyone laugh with his comments about "Straw purchasers"? I mean, his administration gave 2500+ "Assault weapons" to some of the most dangerous criminals on the planet using straw purchasers. Can we get a straight answer out of them about that? No. Wonder how many kids have been killed with Fast and Furious guns - as supplied by Obama? I bet more than Newtown. What a hypocritical fool.

Since there has been overwhelming silence about SSRI's I will wait and see if that is actually studied. My guess is "No". Talk about a huge lobby and a cash cow - the pharmaceutical lobby and SSRI's would qualify. No way they allow the government to pierce that. We'll see though.

Knowing researchers at CDC, I highly doubt they would ignore the impact of SSRI's. Like you said, we'll see, but I do take the CDC directive as an order to look at all causes of gun violence.

While I disagree with urging congress to pass an assault weapons ban, I am confident that universal background checks would be a good thing in the long term for gun crime in general, so I do hope that is seriously considered.

I have no problem with the idea of universal background checks. I do have a problem with the open endedness of how they're going to go about implementing it. How are they going to enforce background checks for private sales without registration?

Eleventy hundred guns that function just like eleventy thousand other semi automatic guns. Banned

M1 Garand, a TRUE military rifle. Not banned.

Nice job NY.

The Garand has probably been the implement used to kill more human beings than all of those other firearms combined.

Did anyone laugh with his comments about "Straw purchasers"? I mean, his administration gave 2500+ "Assault weapons" to some of the most dangerous criminals on the planet using straw purchasers. Can we get a straight answer out of them about that? No. Wonder how many kids have been killed with Fast and Furious guns - as supplied by Obama? I bet more than Newtown. What a hypocritical fool.

I almost blew a nut over this. More like a hypocritical "Tool"

I think he is no different than the thugs in Chicago with guns, only he uses a pen.

Eleventy hundred guns that function just like eleventy thousand other semi automatic guns. Banned

Nice job NY.

At least they are not, a current issue M1A is a great piece of weaponry, and with the right knowledge, can be more deadly than an AR platform.

I love the language of AR-15 platform of any caliber. So no more AR-30s or 10? And you now can no longer obtain an AR-10 that shots a .308 but you can still get an M1A that shoots a .308? Roger that.

At least they are not, a current issue M1A is a great piece of weaponry, and with the right knowledge, can be more deadly than an AR platform.

I love the language of AR-15 platform of any caliber. So no more AR-30s or 10? And you now can no longer obtain an AR-10 that shots a .308 but you can still get an M1A that shoots a .308? Roger that.

And the S&W M&P 15-22 is banned. Awesome.

I have no problem with the idea of universal background checks. I do have a problem with the open endedness of how they're going to go about implementing it. How are they going to enforce background checks for private sales without registration?

Well obviously there is no way to prevent criminals from selling to criminals, but if the law existed one would hope that all legit gun owners would follow the requirement and do the transaction through a dealer. I suppose if needed, enforcement could come in the form of random purchases done by a law enforcement agency from time to time. This is where the NRA could gain some respect if they actually worked towards and supported a reasonable process and got gun owners behind it. A relatively small inconvenience has the potential to keep quite a few guns out of the wrong hands, and no law abiding owners have to lose the ability to own anything.

Well obviously there is no way to prevent criminals from selling to criminals, but if the law existed one would hope that all legit gun owners would follow the requirement and do the transaction through a dealer. I suppose if needed, enforcement could come in the form of random purchases done by a law enforcement agency from time to time. This is where the NRA could gain some respect if they actually worked towards and supported a reasonable process and got gun owners behind it. A relatively small inconvenience has the potential to keep quite a few guns out of the wrong hands, and no law abiding owners have to lose the ability to own anything.

I think that private sellers are sometimes more discriminating about selling guns than most would think. Private sellers selling out of state purchases have to go through an FFL anyways. The ones that are sold in-state require verification of the buyer's residency (driver's license, etc). Many ads will only sell to those with a Concealed Carry Permit. Although a bill of sale is often done, many private sellers do not want any liability or negligence actions against them.

And the S&W M&P 15-22 is banned. Awesome.

And the Ruger 10/22 is not.

I also noticed the Benelli M2 "Tactical" is banned, as well as Remington 870 and 1100 tactical varients. Probably the most generally accepted of home defense weapons is a shotgun with a shorter barrel, and an extended magazine tube.

Nice job NY.

How about a M1A Socom II? Not on the list. :)

Springfield_Armory_M1A_Socom_II_Extended_Top_Rail_(AA9629)_A.jpg

29761d1308421849-kel-tec-plr-16-best-pdw-kel_plr_wacc.jpg

Not dangerous enough to be banned either.

Good thing I don't live in New York. I can still get my 32 ounce super gulp and shoot my AR15 with beta mags in my backyard. Only state in this country that every single county went red last election.

I think that private sellers are sometimes more discriminating about selling guns than most would think. Private sellers selling out of state purchases have to go through an FFL anyways. The ones that are sold in-state require verification of the buyer's residency (driver's license, etc). Many ads will only sell to those with a Concealed Carry Permit. Although a bill of sale is often done, many private sellers do not want any liability or negligence actions against them.

In most states the seller need but see cash and hand over the gun. Criminals make a living buying guns privately from legal owners and reselling them on the street at a profit.

Back