The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Whether indirectly or directly...

It's time to get out of this tin-pot-dictatorship-in-the-making. Jesus Christ. Of course, what amuses me darkly and most is that the people who were running around with poorly photoshopped placards of Teh Booshlar and screaming about abrogation of Constitutional Protections (and rightly so) are now waving their hands and explaining to us that this is No Big Deal. I'm off to buy raft-building materials. We're going to get exactly what we asked for with a big, wide, fake smile. *shudder*

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Whether indirectly or directly...

Still doesn't match your title. Of course, no need for integrity when posting titles here, I guess.

Biden said, "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Save WHOSE life? The children in the elementary schools from a deranged gunman? Or those of armed criminals attacking now defenseless victims? Because a lot of options on the table will ENDANGER the lives of the mother and her children who recently had to shoot an intruder to protect herself, as in many other cases. I don't understand why the gun-grabbers can't grasp that.

I'd turn in every gun I own tomorrow if I thought it would make the placid, dead-eyed cattle that seem to comprise our modern electorate rethink their slavish acceptance of "executive signing statements" and other not-very-well-disguised Imperial Mandates. I mean, for Christ's sake, they're not even bothering to pretend very hard anymore. What will it take? If the President decides that you're an "Enemy Combatant" (whatever that is), you can be murdered tomorrow with no judicial oversight. American Citizen? Whatever! You're a Turrist! If you'd told me ten years ago that Americans would sit still for this sort of BrownShirtery, I would have laughed at you. Yet here we are. Wake the F up, it's the Weimar Republic all over again. But I'm betting that, like all the Good Germans, no one here will know anything. Ve Vere Just Following Orderz! Disgusting.

Ron Paul warned us to get out of the U.N.........I'm afraid you all will see what he was talking about in a few short weeks........

Reactions: TWP
It's time to get out of this tin-pot-dictatorship-in-the-making. Jesus Christ. Of course, what amuses me darkly and most is that the people who were running around with poorly photoshopped placards of Teh Booshlar and screaming about abrogation of Constitutional Protections (and rightly so) are now waving their hands and explaining to us that this is No Big Deal. I'm off to buy raft-building materials. We're going to get exactly what we asked for with a big, wide, fake smile. *shudder*

I guess the real question is what can we honestly do about it? People, in general, want to be taken care of. My prediction is that in the next 20 years it wont matter where you live. I dont want to go all one world government conspiracy theorist, but basically, one world government. I for one have already decided to sell my soul to the reptilian master race.

Seriously though, short of moving to an uninhabited island, there will be nothing that anyone of us can do to stop the consumerism driven swirl down the drain. I value my liberty, but I also value the accommodations that living in a modern society has to offer.

It's a nice sentiment that we can keep or guns in order to over throw the tyranny of the government, but the world is just too small for that now. I like my assault rifles, and I like that im able to own them, but other than that, I cant think of one good reason to actually have one other than "because I can."

I guess the real question is what can we honestly do about it? People, in general, want to be taken care of. My prediction is that in the next 20 years it wont matter where you live. I dont want to go all one world government conspiracy theorist, but basically, one world government. I for one have already decided to sell my soul to the reptilian master race.

Seriously though, short of moving to an uninhabited island, there will be nothing that anyone of us can do to stop the consumerism driven swirl down the drain. I value my liberty, but I also value the accommodations that living in a modern society has to offer.

It's a nice sentiment that we can keep or guns in order to over throw the tyranny of the government, but the world is just too small for that now. I like my assault rifles, and I like that im able to own them, but other than that, I cant think of one good reason to actually have one other than "because I can."

Uhhhh.. How about because it's a RIGHT!;)

I'm getting the hell out of dodge quickly. I will first be immigrating to the south, then I'll assess my next move. The farther south you can go the better. I fail to see how any kind of gun control scheme would go well in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma or the Southeast. I'm getting below the Mason-Dixon line for sure, as soon as possible.

As for whether it was misleading or not...well, Biden did say "Executive Orders" in his meeting. Since Obama is the one that can do this, and since Biden can speak for him on this issue, I'm not sure how it's misleading.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I assume you would willfully stand in line to turn them all in if this goes that way?

I agree with what Boris Badenov is saying, but dang I need the World Book Encyclopedia to get all the references. I still can't figure out what Teh Booshlar is. I Google it and all I get is The Bachelor?

This dude seems to have the gun thing figured out a bit better than what you normally hear. Unfortunately you wont find politicians or the media wanting to actually take an unbiased look at the actual problem and instead use the symptoms of the problem to fulfill their own agenda.

Back