Tbm 700 pic

JDE

Ocean Air Aviation and Emergency Airlift, an air ambulance and charter company, is seeking Pilot in command pilots for our new TBM 700’s. Pilots must have strong instrument skills, at least a Commercial Pilot Certificate and 1500 total hours. Turbine experience is a plus. We operate several other turbine aircraft as well, with upgrade possibilities for motivated pilots.

The company operates numerous bases therefore assignments could include Klamath Falls, OR; North Bend, OR and Yerington, NV.

The salary is competitive ($30,000), with training and employment contracts required for all pilots.

Please no faxes or phone calls.

Send cover letter and resumes to: tanya@oceanairaviation.com

Yeah, I'm wondering if they meant SIC...who knows. $30K is weak for a PIC position.

$30K for a TBM isn't so bad, really. It's not that big of a plane and for the min's what do you expect. In most parts of the country $30K is an average income.

$30K for a TBM isn't so bad, really. It's not that big of a plane and for the min's what do you expect. In most parts of the country $30K is an average income.

Yes it is low. I'd say bottom is 40K, but companies are capitalizing on a crappy economy. Low balling everything...

Well with the current market they could probably get away with $20/hr if they wanted too!

This is unfortunatly true. And the main reason why we all eat dirt now. Because some people say "in this market." Who cares about the market, we should still expect a fair wage, EVEN IF THE ECONOMY IS IN A SLUMP. It took some of us 3-4 years and $40-$80k to get here. $30k a fair wage? Almost. Another $10k a year would make it fair. Here is a perfect example of what the industry has become: GoJet is hiring FO's to fly their CRJ700's. $23 an hour to be SIC of a $28 million jet with 70 peoples lives in your hands. Figure your first year on reserve, you won't fly more than 70 hrs. a month. And thats tha gaurentee. That works out to $19320 a yeaar. I made more money my 1st year fixing cars, and I didn't need any special certifications that required great health, good vision, and instructing someone who was constantly trying to kill me. Oh yeah, I also didn't have to sacrafice my kids college tuition, and spend 7 months to 3 years of my life to just be able to make a pay check doing it. And one more thing, I also ddidn't have to get a college degree to be competitive. I just walked right in and applied for the job. And If I had decided to become a service manager, I could have made well over $100k a year. I got into this career because I love to fly. But I still won't fly for penuts!

..... I love to fly. But I still won't fly for peanuts!

Great! Someone will, and thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Most of the jobs posted here are well beyond my level of qualification.
There is one flying a Avanti 180 as FO, with desired minima @ 2500...
However, I read every one of them, and appreciate the fact that people post what is available right now. Yet, there is almost not a single post that goes down without negative comment.

No offense, but if you have a job, don't look anywhere else. You're lucky.

This is unfortunatly true. And the main reason why we all eat dirt now. Because some people say "in this market." Who cares about the market, we should still expect a fair wage, EVEN IF THE ECONOMY IS IN A SLUMP. It took some of us 3-4 years and $40-$80k to get here. $30k a fair wage? Almost. Another $10k a year would make it fair. Here is a perfect example of what the industry has become: GoJet is hiring FO's to fly their CRJ700's. $23 an hour to be SIC of a $28 million jet with 70 peoples lives in your hands. Figure your first year on reserve, you won't fly more than 70 hrs. a month. And thats tha gaurentee. That works out to $19320 a yeaar. I made more money my 1st year fixing cars, and I didn't need any special certifications that required great health, good vision, and instructing someone who was constantly trying to kill me. Oh yeah, I also didn't have to sacrafice my kids college tuition, and spend 7 months to 3 years of my life to just be able to make a pay check doing it. And one more thing, I also ddidn't have to get a college degree to be competitive. I just walked right in and applied for the job. And If I had decided to become a service manager, I could have made well over $100k a year. I got into this career because I love to fly. But I still won't fly for penuts!

:yeahthat: Agree 100%, ever wonder why a tennis instructor makes 40+ an hour? or a bartender in a busy bar or club can pull $300+ a night ($700+ here in Miami), but a pilot is very lucky to get $25/hr starting? Pilots are like prostitutes and will do anything for flight time aka big shiny jet syndrome...

OTOH $30K is okay for a starting FO, I had a similiar job flying a PC-12 making 27K/yr +per diem (can you guess what company I flew for ;)), but for a captain thats low unless your only flying like 30-50 hour per month...

For a PIC position? I made more as a CFI, more as a King Air SIC, and more as a Chieftain PIC. 30k per year for that position is terrible.

Would the employer be okay if you got a job flipping burgers to supplement your low income and were unavailable at certain times? I think not!! It doesnt matter how little you fly, if you are on call then you should be paid more than 30k.

What if it only has you flying 15-30 hours a month?

Just cause the pay doesn't work for you doesn't mean this guy shouldn't post jobs. If it comes down to the wire, you're furloughed, have bills to pay what are you going to do? Not work and collect unemployment and live at home with mom and dad or work a job that sounds like a decent gig (hey, turbine equipment is better than CFI-ing) in a sector of the industry that probably won't lay you off in the immediate future? Employers have us by the nuts in this environment. There are plenty of furloughed airline guys out there that would take this, including me if I was out of work and needed a job. Who knows it might lead to bigger and better as you rub elbows at FBOs with other operators.

That being said this was on their web site under the "Air Ambulance" Link:
Pilots

Emergency Airlift pilots are required to have a minimum of five thousands hours of flight time. They are ATP-rated and meet the highest ratings issued by the FAA. Twice each year, our pilots follow an extensive training and testing program at Flight Safety International, one of the leading training facilities in the world.

So I guess they cut their pay, and their requirements.

Cape air pays $25,200 base pay to fly the 402. *based on 35hr/wk guarantee

Wiggins pays around $32,000 base pay to fly the 208 and the 99.

Airnet pays around $28,000 base pay to fly a baron.*info corrected by averyrm

*source APC

Granted each of those are BASE pay and you could probably expect a bit more. That TBM job may not be a dream salary but it is probably not too far off to fly a few pax in a small single for more than likely fairly few hours per year when compared to wiggins and cape and other similiar operators.

Cape air pays $25,200 base pay to fly the 402. *based on 35hr/wk guarantee

Wiggins pays around $32,000 base pay to fly the 208 and the 99.

Airnet pays around $22,600 base pay to fly a baron.*based on $1889/month

*source APC

Granted each of those are BASE pay and you could probably expect a bit more. That TBM job may not be a dream salary but it is probably not too far off to fly a few pax in a small single for more than likely fairly few hours per year when compared to wiggins and cape and other similiar operators.

Not that it matters much, but Airnet's base pay is 28k/yr.

I applied for this job a few days ago. I certainly wouldn't mind it, especially since I don't have a job right now. I'd rather take 30k/year and log Turbine time and do some flying, than sit on my butt all day and wait for someone to call me, while trying to pay the bills on unemployment pay. I've lived and worked in Oregon before. Their FBO in North Bend, OR is freakin' nice.

Employers have us by the nuts in this environment. There are plenty of furloughed airline guys out there that would take this, including me if I was out of work and needed a job.

It's this attitude that got us in this situation in the first place:mad:. If I could do it, I'd turn the tables on employers. But It would take a collective act to do it. People like you are not helping the cause!:mad: Working for pennies has made this industry turn into basically this----Aviation employers=Pimps, Pilots=#####s. I refuse to be a #####. My mentor is a chief pilot, and if a guy comes in and dosen't try to negoatite pay, he won't get the job. Even if it is someone with higher quals than the next guy in line. It shows something called integrity. Try some on for size!:mad:

Back