Tbm 700 pic

It's this attitude that got us in this situation in the first place:mad:. If I could do it, I'd turn the tables on employers. But It would take a collective act to do it. People like you are not helping the cause!:mad: Working for pennies has made this industry turn into basically this----Aviation employers=Pimps, Pilots=#####s. I refuse to be a #####. My mentor is a chief pilot, and if a guy comes in and dosen't try to negoatite pay, he won't get the job. Even if it is someone with higher quals than the next guy in line. It shows something called integrity. Try some on for size!:mad:

Ok bud. :bandit: I went to one of the best paying companies out there instead of staying at Mesa, yet my students are upgrading before me. How's that for intergrity?

Ok bud. :bandit: I went to one of the best paying companies out there instead of staying at Mesa, yet my students are upgrading before me. How's that for intergrity?

Pretty sour, considering you even worked for a company like Mesa. Serves you right for having students move up before you. I'd rather work as a receptionist, at least I'd be able to stay home at night with my family. And probably make more money doing so.

It's this attitude that got us in this situation in the first place:mad:. If I could do it, I'd turn the tables on employers. But It would take a collective act to do it. People like you are not helping the cause!:mad: Working for pennies has made this industry turn into basically this----Aviation employers=Pimps, Pilots=#####s. I refuse to be a #####. My mentor is a chief pilot, and if a guy comes in and dosen't try to negoatite pay, he won't get the job. Even if it is someone with higher quals than the next guy in line. It shows something called integrity. Try some on for size!:mad:

Pretty sour, considering you even worked for a company like Mesa. Serves you right for having students move up before you. I'd rather work as a receptionist, at least I'd be able to stay home at night with my family. And probably make more money doing so.

All I hear is Blah blah blah. Seriously, people, nobody is harming the industry by taking this job. Get off your high ####ing horse, I'd be on this job in a heart beat if I wasn't in college this semester. Its a good job, in a decent place to live, and you get to fly something cool for moderate pay. You're not flying all that much anyway, so knock off the bitching. Maybe someone can actually get a job in this climate of furloughs and layoffs. Those of you who have jobs, stop whining. Those of you who need jobs, don't be to proud. One word HUBRIS!

Actually Mesa was probably the best CFI job I had. Lots of flexibility in my schedule, great students, equipment, mx, etc. I worked for their flight school out in New Mexico, my boss was an ex-Air Force F-4 pilot, also a great guy. I chose to go to my current employer though instead of applying at the 121 side of the house, where the students that graduated went.

Supply and demand will dictate our (unfortunately) low pay. If this place can fill this job for $30k/yr with a qualified applicant meeting their requirements that's what it'll pay. If they can't find someone either the pay will move up or the time requirements will drop.

It's crap, and I hate it just as much as you. The last TBM job I applied for I asked for $55k and it was in a lower COL area than this job is. I never heard anything again...

Let me ask you this - do you even meet the minimums to apply for this job?

http://forums.jetcareers.com/jobs-available/announcement-read-profanity-filters-you.html

Doug Taylor said:

Well, the Dali Llama himself called and said he was concerned that most of the posts were full of pound symbols and strategically-placed asterisks and he was going to write me a "Goodbye Cruel Site" post if it kept up.

Besides, "You guys are all ##### and I hope you ##### your #####, you ######" reeeally makes you sound like you're prone to temper tantrums and need a little Ritalin.

And that's on the unapproved list for airmen!

Have a great day.

Just a reminder.

:bandit:

Didn't we already cover all of this with the posting to be a bike-riding parking enforcement agent at LAS?

Before I even bother to answer your question, what does this have to do with anything being discussed here?

Sorry, just to verify... when did posting a job opportunity for others to look at become subject to discussion? Be grateful for people posting this stuff and stop questioning other peoples integrity and value. It really comes across terribly crooked.

<politely waves a white flag in the air, tenuously raises head above the level of the trench to ask a question>

Given that it appears to be "entry level" in the grand scheme of things, would this not potentially be a job that leads to bigger and better things? Merely curious if that's how it works at this particular stage of the strange, mysterious and wonderful world of People Who Get Paid To Fly.

Disgraceful pay for that kind of position. To call it competitive is silly at best.

two cents worth..

Disgraceful pay for that kind of position. To call it competitive is silly at best.

two cents worth..

Maybe.
Whats really disgraceful is the spread between those looking for a job, asking here for information from findapilot.com (how much is it per month?) to then going on to discuss at lenght how disgraceful and what an insult it is.

I sure wish these posts could be locked, the discussions are utterly senseless and lack any sort of respect or appreciation. Probably no good for anything but funny entertainment of our moderators anyways.

I won't say specifically if this job is a scam or not, I don't know enough about it. If its one of those deals like you fly the same person 4-5 times a weeks out to whatever airport sit around while he has a meeting for 3 hours then you fly back well then thats fine. Its basically a part time job and you can flight instruct/bartend/whatever around that time.

But if your constantly on call, being woken up and taken from your family at any possible time flying 80+ hours a month and expected to take full responsibility to make sure the airplane is fuel, cleaned, meets all inspections...etc. Then its definitely a scam.

Once again some pilots get pissed because they're to afraid/shy to ask for more (I used to be like that). The bottom line is its not unreasonable to be fairly and ADEQUATELY compensated for our time and skills, we are ALL professionals. Not carnys working a ferris wheel ride, or the drive-up at Wendy's. The bottom line is that if you let the world ##### on you, it will.:mad:

This is unfortunatly true. And the main reason why we all eat dirt now. Because some people say "in this market." Who cares about the market, we should still expect a fair wage, EVEN IF THE ECONOMY IS IN A SLUMP. It took some of us 3-4 years and $40-$80k to get here. $30k a fair wage? Almost. Another $10k a year would make it fair. Here is a perfect example of what the industry has become: GoJet is hiring FO's to fly their CRJ700's. $23 an hour to be SIC of a $28 million jet with 70 peoples lives in your hands. Figure your first year on reserve, you won't fly more than 70 hrs. a month. And thats tha gaurentee. That works out to $19320 a yeaar. I made more money my 1st year fixing cars, and I didn't need any special certifications that required great health, good vision, and instructing someone who was constantly trying to kill me. Oh yeah, I also didn't have to sacrafice my kids college tuition, and spend 7 months to 3 years of my life to just be able to make a pay check doing it. And one more thing, I also ddidn't have to get a college degree to be competitive. I just walked right in and applied for the job. And If I had decided to become a service manager, I could have made well over $100k a year. I got into this career because I love to fly. But I still won't fly for penuts!

Wow. How can you possibly disregard the current market conditions??? It always seems that when I read post like this it really shows the lack of understanding of what it takes to own and operate a business. It makes absolutely NO difference how much money, effort, sacrifice or whatever it took to earn our credentials for a job. It was your/our choice. Nobody asked any of us to 'sacrifice our kids tuition' or spend $80K on training, etc. Nobody forced any of us to choose this career path, and to insist that its somehow justifiable to demand a 'fair' wage, even when the company is potentially hanging by a thread in some cases is crazy. Consider yourself extremely fortunate in these 'current market conditions' to have a job at all.

The great thing about living in this country is that if you don't like your job circumstances, you can get a new job; in a totally different industry that pays better perhaps. We're not forced to do anything. Sometime we take too much for granted in this country. We are EXTREMELY lucky to have the opportunity to pursue this career path at all. I got into this industry knowing the pay sucks, the QOL sucks and is extremely volatile. I considered all of that and still decide to do it. Anyway, just my perspective. Not intended to throw darts at anyone.

Just cause the pay doesn't work for you doesn't mean this guy shouldn't post jobs. If it comes down to the wire, you're furloughed, have bills to pay what are you going to do? Not work and collect unemployment and live at home with mom and dad or work a job that sounds like a decent gig (hey, turbine equipment is better than CFI-ing) in a sector of the industry that probably won't lay you off in the immediate future?

If I lose my flying job, I'm going to look for another one that is in line with appropriate pay standards for that position. I'll also look at using my backup degree to get a job outside aviation if necessary. I'm not going to cave in to somebody taking advantage of the crappy hiring environment though.

If I lose my flying job, I'm going to look for another one that is in line with appropriate pay standards for that position. I'll also look at using my backup degree to get a job outside aviation if necessary. I'm not going to cave in to somebody taking advantage of the crappy hiring environment though.

That's awesome, there is an FO here that owns restaurants and lives courtesy of his parents. That doesn't mean that everyone is in that same situation. The "you" I wrote was assumed to be a generic "you", not "you" specifically.

Sorry, just to verify... when did posting a job opportunity for others to look at become subject to discussion? Be grateful for people posting this stuff and stop questioning other peoples integrity and value. It really comes across terribly crooked.

Actually I'd say he comes across as angry at the world!

Back