Swayne coming to a 121 near you

Idk if I should be happy or disappointed idk who this dajuc dude is.
Doesn't seem like much

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 8.44.21 PM.png

Sadly, by the time he flows to AA in 9 years, most of the old AA captains who'd read him the riot act and refuse to let him film in their cockpits will all be retired, and there won't be anything there to give him a stern talking to.

I wouldn't count on him ever flowing, especially not that soon. It's going to be a long time before the majors hire in any significant numbers, and his regional could easily be "Compassed" before then.

I wouldn't count on him ever flowing, especially not that soon. It's going to be a long time before the majors hire in any significant numbers, and his regional could easily be "Compassed" before then.

Give it 18 months and the shortage will be worse than ever. Maybe not for AA I don’t know there specifics but in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you're right. But I just don't see how that happens, especially since the aviation industry has usually been one of the last to recover from downturns in the past.
Something something vaccines, something something yuuuuge retirement numbers. Honestly I laugh every time I see a pilot demand report/study. Could be less could be more, no point in getting anxious about it. I believe things will be better next year, not saying I think the majors will be hiring in the same numbers for a while.

Something something vaccines, something something yuuuuge retirement numbers. Honestly I laugh every time I see a pilot demand report/study. Could be less could be more, no point in getting anxious about it. I believe things will be better next year, not saying I think the majors will be hiring in the same numbers for a while.
All I know is when I am called back and when hiring begins I hope for my generation this is a huge wakeup call. We were supposed to be the generation of "no furloughs" and a lot of us still got extremely lucky with furlough mitigations, career movement in record times, and still have a chance to move up quickly with retirements. But nevertheless, it's a huge wakeup call that anything can happen to this industry no matter what. Many said it but a lot didn't listen. Saving money and smart investments are going to be important when things are running smooth again. And even upgrading at a major, knowing you can be downgraded at any point. Until you reach that real safe zone in seniority. I'm just going to be very cautious and plan for the worst.

This was scary and it could have been a lot worse by now. We got lucky, and of course are not out of the woods. But there's a light at the end of the tunnel and when we are enjoying life and prosperity again at some point, I'm going to tread lightly.

Back