Swayne coming to a 121 near you

it's a huge wakeup call that anything can happen to this industry no matter what. Many said it but a lot didn't listen. Saving money and smart investments are going to be important when things are running smooth again. And even upgrading at a major, knowing you can be downgraded at any point. Until you reach that real safe zone in seniority. I'm just going to be very cautious and plan for the worst.
Truth! I think fewer of us will have the Boomer frills like planes and boats, preferring instead to be in a more financially stable position.

I know it scared me pretty bad, I’ll probably end up selling my plane-boat-plane before all is said and done.

Since March, his videos have been tone deaf. A genius should have realized that.

He had a video about flying an empty plane, titled “What It's Like To Fly An EMPTY Jet”

Finally I thought there would be a video of the pandemic and aviation, furloughs, etc, but naw... it was a repo of an empty airplane from point A to B. :rolleyes:

Truth! I think fewer of us will have the Boomer frills like planes and boats, preferring instead to be in a more financially stable position.
Its like all the old guys(career wise) who had been down the road before kept saying... "Hey, the stove is HOT! Don't touch it" but the young (career wise) was like... "Nah, I don't believe you, and proceeded to slam their face against the stove..." Its freaking hot. Oh! They were right....

Its like all the old guys(career wise) who had been down the road before kept saying... "Hey, the stove is HOT! Don't touch it" but the young (career wise) was like... "Nah, I don't believe you, and proceeded to slam their face against the stove..." Its freaking hot. Oh! They were right....

But they were planning to go to a regional, build time as fast as possible, and head to a major!

The contrary being I've flown with plenty of guys that spent 18 months in a Navajo straight to the 747 panel, right seat, left seat and never looked back.

The contrary being I've flown with plenty of guys that spent 18 months in a Navajo straight to the 747 panel, right seat, left seat and never looked back.
They had a name for those guys at NWA. Hate I can’t remember it. Said they either did that on the 74, or the DC-10. Never saw a narrow body, or a furlough.

"
swayne.martin Not every trip is good when you’re an airline pilot. I just started a 4-hour, 4-day trip with a double lost day (3 nights) in cold Marquette, MI. Even for COVID-era flying, the flying is unusually sparse with 3 legs on day 1 + 1 returning on day 4. ✈️❄️ #airlinepilot

If you don’t understand what I mean... Basically that means we are flying 4 legs total, crediting just over 4 hours of pay (plus per diem) for roughly 75 hours away from home. We’re in Marquette so long because on day 2 the only departure is too early for us to work considering rest requirements. And then on day 3 there aren’t any departures from Marquette to Chicago at all. While we still get our minimum monthly pay of 72 hours regardless, this is still a very lean trip. Just trying to paint a non-sugar-coated picture for y’all and keeping it real!"

See, it's not all sugar coated...

"
swayne.martin Not every trip is good when you’re an airline pilot. I just started a 4-hour, 4-day trip with a double lost day (3 nights) in cold Marquette, MI. Even for COVID-era flying, the flying is unusually sparse with 3 legs on day 1 + 1 returning on day 4. ✈❄ #airlinepilot

If you don’t understand what I mean... Basically that means we are flying 4 legs total, crediting just over 4 hours of pay (plus per diem) for roughly 75 hours away from home. We’re in Marquette so long because on day 2 the only departure is too early for us to work considering rest requirements. And then on day 3 there aren’t any departures from Marquette to Chicago at all. While we still get our minimum monthly pay of 72 hours regardless, this is still a very lean trip. Just trying to paint a non-sugar-coated picture for y’all and keeping it real!"

See, it's not all sugar coated...
And then I remembered they’re still running on a bankruptcy contract there because Envoy Air and American Airlines Group management are a bunch of “I’m not allowed to say that here,” and I further realized Swayne will never, ever do anything to advance his and his fellow pilots’ position.

And then I remembered they’re still running on a bankruptcy contract there because Envoy Air and American Airlines Group management are a bunch of “I’m not allowed to say that here,” and I further realized Swayne will never, ever do anything to advance his and his fellow pilots’ position.

Oh, he’ll advance his own position, probably at the expense of everyone else.

Back