Swayne coming to a 121 near you

At least Swayne isn’t as bad as this d-bag!

I mean, seriously, what happened to blanket parties? I feel sorry for regional captains having to fly with these guys. They may have been 250 hour JetUniversity wonders in the right seat when I was an RJ captain, but at least they were semi-normal and didn't feel the need to post their douchy life story on YouTube around the clock.

Didn't watch it.
But - depending on equipment 950 hrs is closer to two years. Two years (945 hours rather) is a supersenior FO, since everyone with 950 gets displaced into the left seat.
950 hours of 121 sic - current upgrade mins. Book says 1000 required, so there is a LOA that says everyone's getting 50 hrs of OE that counts towards the 1000, hence 950.
Strange new world, eh?

Ok..thanks. Times have changed and I guess it’s the new world order!

Third generation Arizonan social media shenanigans.

Although at the old job some dude didn’t check the FBO and they put LL in a van. Lucky it wasn’t the other way around.

Oh dear goodness... whatever would a PT6 do if someone put something other that...

...Who are we kidding? It’ll run on any hydrocarbon sludge as long as that sludge can move through the fuel lines, although it might make for an expensive hot section overhaul.

I remember something from my b1900 or Kingair manual saying in an emergency situation (stuck in an inuit village or something i guess) it could be filed with avgas, but the engines would have to be replaced after the flight. Expensive fill up.

I remember something from my b1900 or Kingair manual saying in an emergency situation (stuck in an inuit village or something i guess) it could be filed with avgas, but the engines would have to be replaced after the flight. Expensive fill up.
It's not that bad. You can run it. Inspections and stuff, not necessarily immediately either. I want to say 100 hours or so.

If I ever did a round the world stunt, I’d do it in a Diesel engine’d 182 or an eastern bloc turboprop type.

Have a look at any bigger class B airports at the 100ll cost compared to Jet-A. That says it all.

This guy won’t spend much time at a regional. He’ll be in the right circles.
He should stay longer just for the video/filmmaker aspect. I’d love to see him play by play a scheduling trick.
“So here at Envoy there is amazing opportunities...(wait just got an acars, been junior manned)...to do more flying beyond what you were scheduled to and go to places like Syracuse for an unplanned 30 hr overnight “

Most turbine engines have a table in either the AFM or the engine MM specifying actions to be taken if other than Jet A is used. In the case of the Caravan, we threw a quart of engine oil in the fuel tanks (helps prevent wear on the fuel control spinny bits) and called it good.

He should stay longer just for the video/filmmaker aspect. I’d love to see him play by play a scheduling trick.
“So here at Envoy there is amazing opportunities...(wait just got an acars, been junior manned)...to do more flying beyond what you were scheduled to and go to places like Syracuse for an unplanned 30 hr overnight “

Just as an FYI ...... Cant be JM'd via ACARS... positive contact only... phone or in person. But there are tons of ways Scheduling can screw him over.

At old Eagle, they’d send the crew coordinator to meet the plane at the jet bridge and tag the pilot when he or she got off the plane.

At Mesa, the crew coordinators waiting on the jet bridge to tag you didn’t have SIDA badges, so the pilots called the cops on them and waited until the cops took them away before getting off the aircraft. Or have the flight attendant hold off opening the door, do a quick costume change in a telephone booth, and just walk off the plane looking like a normal passenger right past the crew coordinator. Or just jump out the service door before the flight attendant opened the passenger door.

Actually I want to watch the video he makes on how to trip trade in FOS.
“So I have this trip that covered the days I want off to travel to Europe, so we have this antiquated DOS command system to do trip trades. (Cut to video of airport FOS terminal). So I’m signed in, this is my schedule for the month (types HI1 to display current month schedule points to days he wants off) and these are the days I want off but I’m scheduled for a trip... this is now I see what trips to trade (types N3D yada yada). To get to the trip trade screen, there’s a series of commands we have to type (types HiY types HT types HTO/A/32001/15. types HTA/B/32002/17/FO. types HTMD, types HZ.).

Or even better. How to drop trips in FOS. Or otherwise futilely known as “denied due to staffing.”

Maybe IT has changed since I left 4 years ago and AA/Envoy has moved into the 20th century and has a GUI interface to drop and trade trips.

Otherwise the younger folks might have their brains explode when the see they have to work with a DOS box to do anything to affect their QoL.

Last edited:
At old Eagle, they’d send the crew coordinator to meet the plane at the jet bridge and tag the pilot when he or she got off the plane.

At Mesa, the crew coordinators waiting on the jet bridge to tag you didn’t have SIDA badges, so the pilots called the cops on them and waited until the cops took them away before getting off the aircraft. Or have the flight attendant hold off opening the door, do a quick costume change in a telephone booth, and just walk off the plane looking like a normal passenger right past the crew coordinator. Or just jump out the service door before the flight attendant opened the passenger door.

...damn, that's rough for even Mesa. To call the cops on Crew Coordinators, in order to get out of a junior manning.

Back