SWA vs UAL... FIGHT

FWIW, no one doxxed the wrong person, reading the union presidents statement between the lines it’s obviously the person in question. Just a bunch of virologists that are now experts in defamation law overnight.

Passing around a name and using the public FAA website to find her data to keep her off a JS isn’t doxxing. No one is trying to get her arrested, and no crime was committed on either end not to mention the whole JS is a privilege and scab lists exist thing.

Everyone just added her name to a mental list and made some memes. Her fault.
Don’t be like this.

Weird, even if you did tell that story to a friend, how would they know the flight number and city pair etc. “let me tell you about the jumspeat i just experienced on UAL 123 from SAN to SFO on March 22” . Fishy.

The source of the information is a person I trust and that person has firsthand knowledge of the events. Clearer?
It’s not the clarity- it’s that a disclaimer before an internet rumor means nothing to me. I’m not doubting your friend or how much you trust them. It’s just that I can make things up and say “well I really trust this person.”

It’s not the clarity- it’s that a disclaimer before an internet rumor means nothing to me. I’m not doubting your friend or how much you trust them. It’s just that I can make things up and say “well I really trust this person.”
Oh, yeah I get that. I don’t have a solution though. Trust it or not. Folks who actually know me would most likely be inclined to believe this is the truth. I’d never post it if I wasn’t very confident. But it’s the internet so I get it.

This information comes from a reputable source and from a source with firsthand knowledge of the situation.

- The pilot was not a new hire
- This incident happened weeks ago
- This pilot helped trap the errors on the flight in question. The entire crew discussed it after landing. They all left on good terms.
- The pilot discussed their day later with a friend.
- The friend, without permission from the pilot and without their knowledge, called the FAA hotline.
- The pilot’s name, picture, and other personal info has been shared across multiple airlines.

My opinion: A large number of “professional” pilots decided this pilot’s “guilt” based on rumors, shared personal information, created very nasty memes about her, and caused serious harm to her ability to simply get to work and ruined her reputation.

Thank you. Reality is always less ‘saucy’ than internet gossip.

You know, we’ve all been on jumpseat where we saw something wacky and a lot of us probably mentioned it in a light conversation with a trusted friend.

She did what we all have done at some point in our career. Her confidante, on the other hand, along with the internet, did irreparable harm to her reputation. The informant gets away Scot-free and the internet gets it’s pound of flesh.

I don't know, I'd be doing a lot of screen-capturing, note-taking and speaking with attorneys about the next move if any, I'm not sure if Section 230 universally protects everyone.

Last edited:
You know, we’ve all been on jumpseat where we saw something wacky and a lot of us probably mentioned it in a light conversation with a trusted friend.

She did what we all have done at some point in our career. Her confidante, on the other hand, along with the internet, did irreparable harm to her reputation. The informant gets away Scot-free and the internet gets it’s pound of flesh.

Sounds like she had poor judgement in friends/spouses. :)

The memes have been fun but this should about put an end to this nonsense about a jumpseat war.

e92ec40b-3bc1-4f7c-bab9-b2dbaf4f4630.png
S.gif

May 11, 2024

Jumpseats: By Pilots, For Pilots​

29,563 combined Pilots. 30-plus years. 109,562 jumpseats per year. Big numbers? You bet. This is the combined history of the flight deck jumpseat between United and Southwest. Big numbers, but we are one family. One family with a history of getting Pilots where they need to be when they need to be there. Many families have time together that would be lost if it were not for the privilege we afford each other daily. Family gatherings, sporting events, graduations, celebrations, first hellos, and last goodbyes are all made possible because we share something that no one else on the planet shares. Our jumpseats are a privilege afforded to Pilots by Pilots for Pilots. It is our thing.

SWAPA and UAL ALPA send this message to you today because the relationship between our associations and our carriers has never been stronger. We stand together because we are Pilots. The paint on the side of the jet may have a few different colors or letters, but, on every flight deck, we are the same.

Our flight deck jumpseats remain open to all. Our comradery and professionalism will make the bond among us stronger, and that strength will enable us to elevate our profession to greater heights. Thank you all for the work you do every day and thank you for taking care of all flight deck jumpseaters. If we can help in any way, please reach out to your Jumpseat Committee at any time. Remember, this is our thing.

Captain Brian Ross
SWAPA Jumpseat Chairman

Captain Rob Ventura
UAL ALPA MEC Jumpseat Chairman​
S.gif
SWAPA
1450 Empire Central
Suite 737
Dallas, TX 75247​
(214) 722-4200 - Phone
(800) 969-7972 - Phone
(214) 350-0647 - Fax​

Now this rumor seems more plausible. If the friend isn’t fully up to speed in this type of flying, what would be a small abnormal event would seem like a major deal and react accordingly, I.E: blow it out of proportion.

Imagine a bush pilot telling bush pilot stories to a pilot that only flies a Cirrus in day VFR conditions from paved strip to paved strip. That Cirrus pilot’s head is going to spin once they hear about off airport landings & SVFR operations. Thats kind of what I envision, if this latest rumor is true.

Now this rumor seems more plausible. If the friend isn’t fully up to speed in this type of flying, what would be a small abnormal event would seem like a major deal and react accordingly, I.E: blow it out of proportion.

Imagine a bush pilot telling bush pilot stories to a pilot that only flies a Cirrus in day VFR conditions from paved strip to paved strip. That Cirrus pilot’s head is going to spin once they hear about off airport landings & SVFR operations. Thats kind of what I envision, if this latest rumor is true.

Or, if said friend or spouse or whatever had some axe to grind against SWA.

ALAPA should have a “Phantom Pooper” team/protocol.

Their job would still be attached to the MEC and when topics get referred to them from the MEC it would still have all the same weight and finality as a paragraph of nice lawyerly words.

However the Phantom Pooper team’s job would be to deliver the message in a custom van that conveys a sentiment along the lines of “This is not a business we want to be in and OMG I can’t believe we have to say something where you apes have demonstrated we can’t just let it die in the obscurity of a terse and banal statement, so hold onto your butts.” There will be sass, there may be hurt feelings; too bad, you should not have touched the poop.

Back