SWA 9/14/21

Looking at the pay spreadsheet..seems like the southwest starting pay is relatively low compared to the other majors or even Alaska airlines?

Apparently the contract is up for negotiations, so hopefully it’ll jump up a little

no.

they select a certain number of the top highest scores. Depends on how many they are hiring (because they typically will interview 3 times the amount they want to hire)

so it’s not as simple as get an 80 and get an interview. Unless you are one of the only ones who got an 80 and everyone else got a 75. So in other words, shoot for a 100, maybe you get 1 or 2 wrong, and as long as most people get lower than what you got you have a decent chance. *no guarantee though*

You have to score an 80 to get a F2F correct?
Incorrect, it's a percentage. Last I had talked with the training manager it was the top 20% of external scores and the top 20% of internal scores. That may have changed of late with the larger hiring classes but I know for a fact its not your score alone its where you rank compared to the other internal or external candidates.

Last edited:
I know people who got 100 that did not move on. Weird.

they *think* they may have got a 100.

SWA does not tell you your score and some of those questions are worded in such a way that one small word changes everything about the question and most will unknowingly over look the small gotcha and pick the answer it would have been had it not been for the small seemingly insignificant word change that makes it wrong. Therefore they will feel extremely confident they got it right when they actually did not. The ones that do not go over the test multiple times and re-read everything are usually the ones to do the worst because they did not read carefully enough.

they *think* they may have got a 100.

SWA does not tell you your score and some of those questions are worded in such a way that one small word changes everything about the question and most will unknowingly over look the small gotcha and pick the answer it would have been had it not been for the small seemingly insignificant word change that makes it wrong. Therefore they will feel extremely confident they got it right when they actually did not. The ones that do not go over the test multiple times and re-read everything are usually the ones to do the worst because they did not read carefully enough.

You actually can see your score after taking the test.

Anyone know what the in-person/F2F interview entails? I've made it to the phone interview and am trying to prepare downline. I can't imagine it's more than situational "What would you do if x happens," along with SIDS/STARS/Approach Plates.

Anyone know what the in-person/F2F interview entails? I've made it to the phone interview and am trying to prepare downline. I can't imagine it's more than situational "What would you do if x happens," along with SIDS/STARS/Approach Plates.

Last time they had a separate HR and practical portion. They’ll probably vaguely point you in the right direction of what the practical entails after the phone interview.

Back