SWA 9/14/21

SWA seems to be of the mindset to recover as quickly as possible and take as much from their competitors as they can. Kinda like how they took their shot at getting into ORD when UA and AA shrunk their operations there due to Covid.

I’d imagine it’s something along those lines.

Well they really started upping their Hawaii flying and the nature of the way Hawaii flying is done over there with their flight planning system makes it so it isn’t realistic to dump 30 ETOPs flights on one desk.
I thought their software was an in house user interface with Jeppesen providing the back end flight planning support and calculations, such as crews being able in fully injest a FP into the FMC from the Jeppesen backend with one keypress.

I thought their software was an in house user interface with Jeppesen providing the back end flight planning support and calculations, such as crews being able in fully injest a FP into the FMC from the Jeppesen backend with one keypress.

91+6LJTjUYL._SY550_.jpg

What are you talking about? Why would that matter? What does dispatch workload and overtime have anything to do with the way pilots input information into the FMS? Dispatchers use the flight planning software to put together a flight plan and then send that flight release, how and what pilots do with that release does not affect the planning process.

I have a dedicated folder in my Gmail titled “jobs I didn’t get”. Have well over 50 rejection emails from 2020 after being furloughed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A good folder to have; albeit just title it Job Apps and watch the postings. TBNTs, Interviews, whatever: If you keep trying, and your folder starts getting full, note which carriers keep hiring every six months or whatever.

If you're smart, you'll notice a pattern and may be able to throw some cautionary flags on company names when this website's seemingly endless "OH EM GEE THERE'S A POSTING UP" threads go live.

Only you know what you want. Apply whatever, but know this. Neither the applications nor the interviews are guaranteed seats. Get the experience, however it may come.

Good luck to all who apply. And @azmedic I was more using your quote as a base for context; I know you know what's up my man. :)

I got my application in in the first couple minutes of the post being live; I guess they’re getting through them at a fast clip too.

Not to rub it in, but they did have questions that were already pre-filled in with answers that would likely auto-reject you if you just blew through them.

If others have not applied yet, read the questions carefully and multiple times!

But if you weren’t one of the first 100 applicants (if external) you are highly unlikely to hear anything at all

Back