Spirit Hiring

Thats quite a nice bump for them!
image (1).png

Its a lot better than it was! Our current contract is getting extended for two years in exhange for this compensation plan. Hoping the other LCC and ULCC follow suit.

I understand your concern. Pay parity between airlines within the same category is important for retention of experienced dispatchers. Hopefully, this upward trend in compensation packages will encourage other airlines to follow suit and provide fairer compensation to their dispatchers as well.
With COL in Orlando and Miramar, you're pretty expending all your paychecks to rent and bills. And it's that way until your 3rd year which is a bit insulting to say the least

Those stories you hear about people living in their cars are real and people should never even have to consider doing that because of low pay with high COL

Just my 2 cents, hopefully spirit gets a respectable contract going

Welp pressure on spirit to at least match or lose more dispatchers

I think Spirit’s elephant in the room will affect their hiring as much if not more than pay. People have to go the unknown of becoming a JetBlue dispatcher over the next couple years and what that could mean. The pay will certainly be better but there are no guarantees yet if staying in Florida will be a choice, though it seems likely with JB saying they are keeping Spirits new Dania Beach facility.

View attachment 71673

Its a lot better than it was! Our current contract is getting extended for two years in exhange for this compensation plan. Hoping the other LCC and ULCC follow suit.
This is incredible especially considering that LAS has a lower cost of living than most of the country and definitely far less than Florida. Pressure on NK for sure, hope NK PAFCA fights for this at minimum.

Also, is it just me or does Coach Ted Lasso sound like AI… Maybe some ChatGPT or even the new Snapchat AI in the house? Friendly but a liiiiittle robotic sounding lol. I plugged in Shock Diamonds message into Snapchat AI and this was the instant response:

“That's a valid concern, but I think it's still worth considering the potential benefits of working for JetBlue as a dispatcher.”

Ha creepy…

This is incredible especially considering that LAS has a lower cost of living than most of the country and definitely far less than Florida. Pressure on NK for sure, hope NK PAFCA fights for this at minimum.

Also, is it just me or does Coach Ted Lasso sound like AI… Maybe some ChatGPT or even the new Snapchat AI in the house? Friendly but a liiiiittle robotic sounding lol. I plugged in Shock Diamonds message into Snapchat AI and this was the instant response:

“That's a valid concern, but I think it's still worth considering the potential benefits of working for JetBlue as a dispatcher.”

Ha creepy…
Yep it looks like a bot to me, or somebody copy/pasting an AI response.

Ha creepy…
With the current hiring craze, they wanted to place a major emphasis on retention. This wont fully stop people whose main goal is to get to a legacy, but its definitely a step in the right direction. The hope is to improve the scale even further when contract negotiations start in two years and chisel out more of quality of life aspects of the current contract.

With the current hiring craze, they wanted to place a major emphasis on retention. This wont fully stop people whose main goal is to get to a legacy, but its definitely a step in the right direction. The hope is to improve the scale even further when contract negotiations start in two years and chisel out more of quality of life aspects of the current contract.
The idea is that most people WANT to live in Florida and a major reason for it is the weather is warm year round (especially South Florida). So even in lieu of hurricanes and summer squalls, people will STILL come to Florida to work and live. The general consensus here among the dispatchers is that provided the company actually pays well enough to have people live here with the insane COL (the cost of rent especially is unbelievable), people will come and stay. I personally have family and friends down here and do want to stay, provided the contract goes well and/or the merger with B6 goes through.

The #1 thing on the vast majority of dispatchers' minds down here for the new union contract is "pay, pay, pay", with the domicile bidding stuff between FLL and MCO a close second (and more of a concern for the senior dispatchers). No one seems to be expecting Majors pay, but definitely getting close to Alaska's old pay scale would be a much needed relief.

I think Spirit’s elephant in the room will affect their hiring as much if not more than pay. People have to go the unknown of becoming a JetBlue dispatcher over the next couple years and what that could mean. The pay will certainly be better but there are no guarantees yet if staying in Florida will be a choice, though it seems likely with JB saying they are keeping Spirits new Dania Beach facility.
Robin Hayes's town hall with Ted Christie a few months ago seemed to all but confirm they will have a dual-OCC between JFK and FLL. Obviously, nothing is set in stone, but if the merger does go through and jetBlue forces all operations back to NY, I know MANY people who will quit, not just dispatchers. He did say that the Dania Beach facility will 100% be kept though, but he was a bit hesitant to comment on the MCO OCC and its fate.

View attachment 71673

B6 is pretty much on par with what G4 bumped to, albeit a lower start. Comp review should change that. Still, it tops around the same due to license premium. So I'd say at least a few LCC's are similar. Great raises for ya'll nonetheless! No need to gamble anymore

The idea is that most people WANT to live in Florida and a major reason for it is the weather is warm year round (especially South Florida). So even in lieu of hurricanes and summer squalls, people will STILL come to Florida to work and live. The general consensus here among the dispatchers is that provided the company actually pays well enough to have people live here with the insane COL (the cost of rent especially is unbelievable), people will come and stay. I personally have family and friends down here and do want to stay, provided the contract goes well and/or the merger with B6 goes through.

The #1 thing on the vast majority of dispatchers' minds down here for the new union contract is "pay, pay, pay", with the domicile bidding stuff between FLL and MCO a close second (and more of a concern for the senior dispatchers). No one seems to be expecting Majors pay, but definitely getting close to Alaska's old pay scale would be a much needed relief.
Thanks for the information shared! Is there any chance I can message you a question about Spirit?

Back