Spirit Hiring

the whole merger situation is a messs. You have perspective employees wondering if they will live in FL or NY.

I can’t imagine all those extra people will fit in the NY office, if they would even go. JetBlue should just have a second Ops Center in FL. They have a ton of flights there and JB University is in MCO. They would also attract a lot more people.

the whole merger situation is a messs. You have perspective employees wondering if they will live in FL or NY.
what are the odds of the merger actually going through? read that the govt might stop it, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject

Last edited:
Doubtful they will stop it. It’s more likely that they are suing to get some leverage on how the it happens, like giving up the AA alliance. At a combined 9% market share, an antitrust lawsuit seems kinda like a joke. Either way, if Spirit isn’t allowed to be sold, does that mean they’re ‘too big to fail?

I really wonder what they’re telling people when hiring. Or the current employees for that matter.
Robin Hayes, the jetBlue CEO, did a townhall with all of the Spirit employees and answered various questions. He said himself that they plan to have a dual OCC and it is something they've wanted to do. They (jetBlue) value Spirit's experience in running two separate OCC's.

It's about 30 an hour if you count shift differentials and license pay. They're going to be in negotiations this year and needed badly, for how much it costs to live in Orlando or Miramar, it's definitely not easy. Good airline to be at if you really dislike your regional

Robin Hayes, the jetBlue CEO, did a townhall with all of the Spirit employees and answered various questions. He said himself that they plan to have a dual OCC and it is something they've wanted to do. They (jetBlue) value Spirit's experience in running two separate OCC's.
That combined with a new contract this summer and the expansion would make them a much more attractive choice.

You can expect about $3600/mo after tax. FL has no income tax which is nice. Spirit is pushing to offer some good pay raises with this new contract (talks begin next month) and hope to have a deal done by Fall. But we all know how long those negotiations can take. I think the new pay scale will be similar to Alaska's.

There were 22 in the class for February. 10 in FLL and 12 in MCO. June 19th class is coming up.

Does anyone know if the 2nd interview is with all the finalists applicants? I know it’s an all day thing and can expect an assessment test and scenario questions. Does anyone have more detail they can share that’s been through the process?

Does anyone know if the 2nd interview is with all the finalists applicants? I know it’s an all day thing and can expect an assessment test and scenario questions. Does anyone have more detail they can share that’s been through the process?
Not everyone who gets flown out will get hired but if you do make it that far, you have a very good shot

Talk with all spirit personnel and your possible future classmates, spirit wants people who are friendly and won't cause issues regarding personality

Back