Spirit Furloughing

I haven’t actually operated there but I’ve jumpseated plenty and I haven’t gotten the impression that it was any worse than any other Class B. What am I missing?
Just kind of a cluster. Too many planes on an airport the size of a postage stamp, too many alleyways with one ground frequency trying to handle them all, what seems like constant runway changes, everything running on absolute minimum separation 100% of the time. Just more headache than I care to deal with regularly.

Just kind of a cluster. Too many planes on an airport the size of a postage stamp, too many alleyways with one ground frequency trying to handle them all, what seems like constant runway changes, everything running on absolute minimum separation 100% of the time. Just more headache than I care to deal with regularly.
I’ve been in there once. We do it out of SFO with a 24 hr layover downtown, which is fantastic, but at least in summer even an -800 can’t take any tailwind which works really great given the airspace constraints and ATC flow preferences.

You would have loved LGA, pre remodel.

You would have loved LGA, pre remodel.
When was the remodel? I've only been there a couple times 5 or so years ago and it was a complete disaster. You should have seen my face when clearance rattled off a complete reroute to my west coast self and I got about .5% of it the first go-around. I could literally feel all the eyes rolling at me. :bounce:

When was the remodel? I've only been there a couple times 5 or so years ago and it was a complete disaster. You should have seen my face when clearance rattled off a complete reroute to my west coast self and I got about .5% of it the first go-around. I could literally feel all the eyes rolling at me. :bounce:

Maybe 2011 was when it started? The first big move was the Eagle (actual airline Eagle) ERJs got moved off "the fence". Then the whole Delta gates got cleaned up and reorganized around the same time the Shuttle flying came off of mainline at the MAT and over to 175s. USAir was the last area to get slightly more organized, but that was after I left east coast flying so I never really experienced it.

The biggest changes occurred during Covid. Multiple new and revamped terminals were built. Completely different on the inside.

This terminal is far nicer than LGA.

IMG_5903.jpeg

Back