Southwest is even more toxic than I’ve always said

I remember I was gonna go to pro stands about a CA at Kalitta when I was a new hire. Being new to the airline industry I asked a friend who to contact and he gave me the name of the chair for that committee. It was the same CA I was calling to complain about. Gave me a good TMAT interview question response if nothing else.

I remember I was gonna go to pro stands about a CA at Kalitta when I was a new hire. Being new to the airline industry I asked a friend who to contact and he gave me the name of the chair for that committee. It was the same CA I was calling to complain about. Gave me a good TMAT interview question response if nothing else.
LOL

some of those who work forces…. are the same who burn crosses

Can verify, for the understandably disbelieving: The captain in question is still exactly the same miserable dingbat he was then, is still in a position of power, and he and his Cool Kids' Club are still helping drive the disengagement and cynicism that have come to the fore around here.

As I check this thread and see our founder trade body blows with the "Worst Person You Know Just Made A Great Point" guy, I can't help but suspect their respective outlooks are largely accurate based on their own bodies of experience. Organizations only change when they can be made to want that change, and it's usually not an easy process.

Last edited:
It's amazing how alike they are....

My "idiot savant" side of my brain does word association at a peculiar, unintentional level. So when you associate words (usernames) with keywords in content, it makes my scalp itch. It's like a unnatural Boolean search I can't turn off.

So when I see (certain user that rhymes with "perigee bruiser") together, my brain says "Here are the top five words associated with those two terms" and boom, there they are in various iterations. Then it's a strange game of behavioral prediction and trying to solve for the 'why' particular keywords show up.

At the end of the day, we're all wounded about something and seek validation via clicks, likes, replies, attention, etc. Negative for some, positive for others. All of us. Social media is some weird venue for unresolved trauma/anxiety.

I never alluded to being normal. There's your "Yeah, Derg's weird" moment for today.

Last edited:
My "idiot savant" side of my brain does word association at a peculiar, unintentional level. So when you associate words (usernames) with keywords in content, it makes my scalp itch. It's like a unnatural Boolean search I can't turn off.

So when I see (certain user that rhymes with "perigee bruiser") together, my brain says "Here are the top five words associated with those two terms" and boom, there they are in various iterations. Then it's a strange game of behavioral prediction and trying to solve for the 'why' particular keywords show up.

At the end of the day, we're all wounded about something and seek validation via clicks, likes, replies, attention, etc. Negative for some, positive for others. All of us. Social media is some weird venue for unresolved trauma/anxiety.

I never alluded to being normal. There's your "Yeah, Derg's weird" moment for today.

While we are at it. I called the jab the jab because I was trying to be funny and the title of that thread specified not being political. I am also a bit traumatized from standing in line for 3 hours to get it so I didn't get fired from my job and then getting covid 3 more times anyway....

So I'm probably a little crazy/weird too.

While we are at it. I called the jab the jab because I was trying to be funny and the title of that thread specified not being political. I am also a bit traumatized from standing in line for 3 hours to get it so I didn't get fired from my job and then getting covid 3 more times anyway....

Traumatized? Please.

It’s odd whenever I hear Americans make any claim of being “traumatized” during COVID.

Nobody in the US spent time in actual “lockdowns”, and if you spent three hours in a line to get a COVID vaccine that’s on you. Appointments have been very easy to obtain.

I went through some pretty hard times during my time working and living in Asia for a good part of COVID. Some downright scary times to be honest. But I certainly won’t ever claim to be “traumatized” or compare myself to people that went through legit inhumane lockdowns.

I do feel bad for kids that had to stay out of school for awhile. That sucks, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that has some long term negative effects.

Yay, here comes the White Knight!
Protecting the oppressed land owning Caucasians!

Go out there an fight inequality!

Seriously though! It’s one of those wingnut “markers”. Like Arizonans that can figure the math of an election out.

Seriously though! It’s one of those wingnut “markers”. Like Arizonans that can figure the math of an election out.

When I stayed in West Africa for 3 months I got vaccinated for Yellow Feaver, Cholera and a bunch of other fun stuff. I was happy to get it and did so very willingly.

I don't think I am a wingnut but I'm still upset about how I was required to get a vaccine for something I had already had. I think the policy was wrong.

When I stayed in West Africa for 3 months I got vaccinated for Yellow Feaver, Cholera and a bunch of other fun stuff. I was happy to get it and did so very willingly.

I don't think I am a wingnut but I'm still upset about how I was required to get a vaccine for something I had already had. I think the policy was wrong.

They stuff they got there will eat the flesh right off your bones. You don't want it.

Get the vaccine. And for God's sake, wear your shoes and dry socks. And long pants and sleeves. And sunscreen. And mosquito repellant. With DDT. Yea, it might cause cancer in 30-40 years if you use it every day, but some forms of malaria will kill you right now. When it looked like I might go there, a good friend at the health department gave me an unlabeled container of goop. Smelled....chemically with a hint of spicy death. I asked what was in it, and she said "you don't want to know, but it's %100 effective, aaaandd...whatever you do, don't go in the sun."

In fact, just don't go. Stay local, swim in a fresh water lake here and you'll be fine. Except for alligators. Maybe crocodiles. Oh, yea, and that brain eating amoeba thing.

Can't we hate everyone, including ourselves, equally?!? Never steered me wrong, and have yet (knock on maybe hotel "wood desk"), gotten one of THOSE calls.

Back