Someday I wish I could be this awesome

Cringe.

Three questions to live by:

Does it need to be said?
Does it need to be said right now?
Does it need to be said by me?

This is how I got through the last 3 years in my old career. It was either that or risk career suicide/felony assault.

@drunkenbeagle knows exactly what I’m talking about.

I like just being a number I just don't like the particular number I am right now.:oops:
My guess is, he feels he's accomplished alot. He gets very little recognition "just" being a number at AA so he found a way to break himself away from the average line guy. Some people, myself including, love and thrive being a number, for some it's gut wrenching.

My guess is, he feels he's accomplished alot. He gets very little recognition "just" being a number at AA so he found a way to break himself away from the average line guy. Some people, myself including, love and thrive being a number, for some it's gut wrenching.
I feel like this is a really important point. For some, being a number isn't enough - even if you know the job will never love you back, it isn't enough.

Personally, I hate being "just a number" but I understand the appeal. I'm "just a number" right now - and that's ok, but mainly because most of my efforts are going into other stuff I'm doing and physical therapy.

To a fighter jockey? Yes.

In all reality, the E-2 was and is "harder" to land on the big grey boat. Not saying that with any sarcasm, I can't imagine. If it were 1995 and I were selecting an airframe, S-3 might have been top of my list, had my mom not once called them "cute", so instead it would have been the A-6. But those guys could carry everyone's travel bags, plus golf clubs to just about anywhere. But then the S-3 went away, and of the guys who didn't outright just get detailed out of flying altogether, there was a weird mix of where they were sent. Some to F-14 or F/A-18, some to E-2/C-2, and even a few to P-3/EP-3. We had a couple department heads in my first squadron that had come from S-3's. Both were great guys, and while maybe not necessarily the most tactically proficient in the Hornet, they were awesome to party with. So not really trying to • on any of them. But it just kinda figures that folks from communities that might try to stereotypically overcompensate for something, might be like this. Then again, imagine what they might say about F-18 people :) (probably a lot like those "I'm Col so and so, callsign LAZER, former viper wing commander, I LUV being here")

In all reality, the E-2 was and is "harder" to land on the big grey boat. Not saying that with any sarcasm, I can't imagine. If it were 1995 and I were selecting an airframe, S-3 might have been top of my list, had my mom not once called them "cute", so instead it would have been the A-6. But those guys could carry everyone's travel bags, plus golf clubs to just about anywhere. But then the S-3 went away, and of the guys who didn't outright just get detailed out of flying altogether, there was a weird mix of where they were sent. Some to F-14 or F/A-18, some to E-2/C-2, and even a few to P-3/EP-3. We had a couple department heads in my first squadron that had come from S-3's. Both were great guys, and while maybe not necessarily the most tactically proficient in the Hornet, they were awesome to party with. So not really trying to • on any of them. But it just kinda figures that folks from communities that might try to stereotypically overcompensate for something, might be like this. Then again, imagine what they might say about F-18 people :) (probably a lot like those "I'm Col so and so, callsign LAZER, former viper wing commander, I LUV being here")
You’re not fooling me. You pointy nose guys think that the only way to fly is upside down with your hair on fire. I’ve seen too many transitions to think other wise. Doesn’t take too long to break you into the crew served weapon that lives in the land of per diem though. And if you play your cards right you end up in Herks and never have to go on the boat again. Win win.

It seems like we have a *lot* of F-18 guys at my shop. Our COO and VP Flight Ops are two of them, I'm flying with another CA in the next two days who was an F-18 guy, and I've flown with two other F-18 pilots in the last 3 weeks alone. That's 5 just in my experience and I know there probably quite a few more.

It seems like we have a *lot* of F-18 guys at my shop. Our COO and VP Flight Ops are two of them, I'm flying with another CA in the next two days who was an F-18 guy, and I've flown with two other F-18 pilots in the last 3 weeks alone. That's 5 just in my experience and I know there probably quite a few more.

Yeah, there are a lot of us out there, though that certainly isn't anything new. We have a handful where I work, but I think comparatively less, given location/bases. Most guys I know chased the big 3/WB international/etc, or SWA because they were from TX or some other convenient SW base.

Back