Some Delta Application Pointers

I suppose you don’t want an autographed copy of his book “How to Not Get A Job You’re Applying For Without Even Trying” :)

Reminds me of an old DFW from a flight about 15 years ago. Flight attendant walks up to a person sitting in first class and says “You’re big like a wrestler, you should really look into it” “I”m good!” “No really, you should really look into it!” Meanwhile, it’s actually Stone Cold Steve Austin.
It all comes back to Stone Cold. ;)

And now we’re giving career advice.

This thread delivers. Comedy!

(Desperately searching for your thoughts on Jetblue, FDX, United, etc... MySQL daemon be workin’ HOT)

When I interviewed for the airship gig while still finishing up my last semester at a certain aviation college in Daytona, everyone there that could tell me their 2 cents all said, "If you go fly airships, you'll never get back to flying airplanes, let alone 121". Here I am, 8 years after taking the airship gig, with 5 years in 121 flying already. Career advice is great, but at the end of the day, its just advice, not "here's the 25 steps you must take to get to XYZ airlines".

I think the lesson there is that while Ice Cube might be having a good day, someone has to be up there flying the blimp

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
14EE9552-6A3E-4CE7-8475-BD0763174320.jpeg

Again, I ask you to stop playing “Turk 182” and trying to play the role of “hero of the people” because you’re giving out specious career advice.

And you’ve wondered why that phone hasn’t been ringing from the other airlines you’ve applied to. Look within.
A Turk 182 reference. This thread is gold standard. You’re alright there mister, alright I say.

Oh haha. I thought it was @Apophis

I never flew the Goodyear blimp. I flew both MetLife contracts as well as a couple of others we used to operate. The company that purchased The Lightship Group shut down the blimp business a couple of years ago if I recall correctly. MetLife cancelled their blimp contracts and I guess the company couldn’t find anyone else to fill the void.

It was an interesting job and it is neat to have probably the rarest category/class rating out there.....but I’d never do it again. I was single back then, and still miserable at the end.

Goodyear is and always was a much better company to work for than my previous outfit.

JetU was community college, Embry Riddle was Harvard. :p I wasn’t smart enough for the Harvard of the Skies.

No real advice Stone Cold, except don’t be a smart a$$ cause that’s my job ;). I thank you for your Navy service and wish you the best. Even if you don’t believe it, I root for you. I remember your updates overseas and when those guys got rid of the plane, I was glad to see you land back on your feet here stateside. I like to see good news and updates from the ol timers here, guys like you, MikeD, mrivc211, and others who’ve been here a long time. Too many guys in the past would move onto their next big gig then leave this place and not come back or post.

Back