So what's the big rush? (DALPA)

It wasn't a joint contract in the first place...

Right. I think I typed that wrong. I meant that they'd have to negotiate a joint contract with whoever they would merge with, so why bother with negotiating a contract now when you'd have to do it again in a short amount of time?

I edited my post to correct what you typed.

I am looking at it from a different angle. Make sense? :)

I edited my post to correct what you typed.

I am looking at it from a different angle. Make sense? :)

Sure does. I wasnt aware of that. I just figured that since it worked out relatively smoothly that they did. But what little I know about how that wert down all came from forums on the interwebs.

Congress on the extra words in the back of your license btw!

That would be a career torpedo for moi.

BOOM.

I'll save you a spot on the floating debris as our career Titanic breaks apart and sinks, while Celine' caterwalls in the background.

Bring a coat.

Richman

You guys gotten the previous concessions percentages back yet in pay? 50% or something it was?

Yup, it's going to be Hawaiian.

The Hawaiian and Japan operation are money makers and we would get 767's and A330's out of the deal, access to Haneda and re-secure the Pacific operation.

Although I absolutely love Alaska Airlines and would ride three legs on them rather than one on anyone else, acquiring a bunch of small jets and integrating the seniority list would be yet another career disenfranchising experience.

The Hawaiian and Japan operation are money makers and we would get 767's and A330's out of the deal, access to Haneda and re-secure the Pacific operation.

Although I absolutely love Alaska Airlines and would ride three legs on them rather than one on anyone else, acquiring a bunch of small jets and integrating the seniority list would be yet another career disenfranchising experience.
Well then. Maybe AS will survive on their own long enough for me to get hired.

Maybe they don't want the fact that they just bought an oil refinery to be used against them in negotiations. Haha

I saw something in the AMR/USAir thread about USAir offering DAL+3% or something. Could it simply be that DAL wants to jack their pay up to screw USAir? Or on a related note, to avoid having DALPA say USAir +3% if the USAir/AMR thing gets done? Two sides of the same coin on that argument - but could it simply be that is the reason for the hurry-up?

So, why wouldn't Hawaiian be a detriment for you like Alaska would be?

Delta only has Narita?
Haha nice BobBDuck. I wouldn't know either except I just went through Haneda on Delta. I think the deal is, they have 1 slot per day for LAX. They may have given one up from DTW, I think Hawaiian pushed really hard to get it when Delta stopped because of the earthquake.

Haha nice BobBDuck. I wouldn't know either except I just went through Haneda on Delta. I think the deal is, they have 1 slot per day for LAX. They may have given one up from DTW, I think Hawaiian pushed really hard to get it when Delta stopped because of the earthquake.

DTW just restarted on April 26; that was one year from when they stopped it and that was the most they could postpone it unless they wanted to forfeit the slot altogether.

The times are very inconvenient.

Back