So ASA is.... (drumroll please!)

3's, 5's and 7's? I don't know! :)

I know my employer wants to be the premiere carrier of choice, so I guess we're the premiere carrier of choice! :)

3's, 5's and 7's? I don't know! :)

I know my employer wants to be the premiere carrier of choice, so I guess we're the premiere carrier of choice! :)

Whatever you do don't point out the fact that ASA forced pay cuts, reduced line values, lost entire business segments, tried to shoehorn sub-par health care plans onto employees, furloughed, downgraded, reinterpreted portions of our contracts, etc... on the company message boards.

The Kool-Aid drinkers will attack you telling you how great Brad and our new management is. They have sent out plenty of Rah-Rah emails but have done nothing but take from us over the last few years. Some people are completely brainwashed and will believe anything.

Like one of the previous posters mentioned, one of our managements greatest skills is telling us what good managers they are.

Actions speak people.....not words, actions!

Oh yeah man, I've been down THAT road a couple times! :)

At least I got a couple slices of free pizza out of it. Ooh, and a keychain.

I haven't HAD any liquor, Segway! :)

Still have to get off my butt to rectify that.

YOU...WORK...FOR...A...REGIONAL...AIRLINE!

Any regional with plans to grow and prosper is sickening for someone with REAL career aspirations.

Plans for growth - even at the regional level - would be fine as long as everyone shared in the prosperity like in most other industries. The only ones reaping the rewards seem to be sitting in a corner office somewhere. Anybody see the most recent round of stock awards to the senior executives at SWA?

There isn't anything wrong with supporting your companies' plans for growth. The problem with the airlines in this country is that growth for one equals contraction for two others. And then next week, that "growth" you experienced is taken away by someone else that is "growing".

Oh I hear you. I was posing a rhetorical because it seems that the only ways to go regarding regionals is determining whether they're career or stepping stone. If it becomes seen as a career, then wages would have to go up, benefits become better, QOL better.....all as it should; but that'll be the career mountain-top. If its going to remain a stepping stone, then it'll be treated like the minimally-run operation it is......why invest in guys who are just doing a proverbial "touch and go" there? Pay will remain low, QOL and such questionable depending on the person, etc; but no matter......the guy will be leaving soon anyway. The work force essentially being seen as "airline entry level" and treated as such.

It's not an easy answer. But it does seem to have to be one way or the other. I don't forsee it being a stepping stone, with the benefits of a career gig.

I could be wrong though.

you're not wrong. And the quicker some regional guys realize the only way to slowly reverse QOL is to bring in a union, the better it will be in 5 to 10 years.

The main complaint we had in our ALPA drive was that it would take 2-4 years to get a contract if voted in. Here we are 4 years later after it failed.

Those are the same guys who want instant gratification and will kick and scream like a child if they don't get their 1 year upgrade. Hence why they weren't in it for the long haul.

I see a lot of guys that got into it for the wrong reasons and a lot are bailing now. If and when things turn around, these guys will be jumping right back into the airlines hoping to catch their quick way up the ladder.

Kooning

Back