So ASA is.... (drumroll please!)

Interesting choice of cockpit crew for the photo on the pilot career page....

job-pilot.jpg

Not sure to put:rawk:and :beer: or :bandit:...

I've never flown the CRJ, but something just doesn't look right with that middle screen to the right of the ISIS...

I think you have re-branding confused with name change. When I first heard the news I thought it meant changing our name as well but its just changing our brand like how UAL and DAL have changed their brand a couple times over the last 10 years.

I along with many other employees here love this new logo, as well as the bold aspirations of the company. I have no doubt in my mind that we will reach every goal in our new vision.
What exactly are the "bold" aspirations for the company?

I don't understand why companies that don't serve the end user bother to do marketing. Seriously, does anyone think that Joe Twelvepack is going to say, oh, cool, the next time I have to take a Delta or United feeder, it's GOT TO BE ASA!

Y'know, that's a hell of an interesting point you just made.

We have "white label" partnerships in telecom - where you offer services to customers under your own label, but provided by someone else. Sort of like an OEM relationship, but a step further.

Wonder why a regional hasn't operated like this?

Y'know, that's a hell of an interesting point you just made.

We have "white label" partnerships in telecom - where you offer services to customers under your own label, but provided by someone else. Sort of like an OEM relationship, but a step further.

Wonder why a regional hasn't operated like this?

Isn't that pretty much what the relationship between the legacies and regionals is? The regionals are just vendors who can be ditched at the whimsy of the legacy carrier.

The new company vision:

500 aircraft

Flies to all 50 states

Industry's first "Super-regional"

And that's good how??? I guess that B777 you want to fly will never happen with your new career at ASA..... Then again you seem to be about the only one happy about Mesa losing flying and more pilots, whom are ALPA, on the street. Let alone trying to tell the rest of us that ASA is going to be doing all the Mesa flying for USairways if they were to lose it... And that is a BIG if.... :) But then again you know it all about DAL, UAL, USairways and CAL.....

Oh by the way, USairways is planning on recalling pretty soon.... I have a pretty good feeling that if any flying is to be lost by Mesa, Mainline will fly those routes in which Mainline equipment can be supported..... But I guess by your logic that is a bad thing for regionals eh? Anyways I'm done with this BS..... Just amazes me your happiness for a "Super Regional."

Anyways I'm done with this BS..... Just amazes me your happiness for a "Super Regional."

Has it been determined yet whether regionals are going to be seen as a career, or still as a stepping stone? The answer to that will determine some of the viability of the "super regional", IMHO.

Has it been determined yet whether regionals are going to be seen as a career, or still as a stepping stone? The answer to that will determine some of the viability of the "super regional", IMHO.

Who knows.... For some I think it is determind they will remain for a career due to various issues... But for one whom has always come off as wanting to fly heavy metal across the pond it amazes me with their JOY for such news..... :( WHO knows.... I just think within time you have enough pilots and Mainline carriers knowing the whole FFD world is not going to be sticking..... Just look at Xjets UAL contract to basically fly at a loss for UAL so they minimize their loss on Aircraft Leases..... :) Who can bid the lowest shall win.... Seems like a business model that might drive some into history....

Who knows.... For some I think it is determind they will remain for a career due to various issues... But for one whom has always come off as wanting to fly heavy metal across the pond it amazes me with their JOY for such news..... :( WHO knows.... I just think within time you have enough pilots and Mainline carriers knowing the whole FFD world is not going to be sticking..... Just look at Xjets UAL contract to basically fly at a loss for UAL so they minimize their loss on Aircraft Leases..... :) Who can bid the lowest shall win.... Seems like a business model that might drive some into history....

Oh I hear you. I was posing a rhetorical because it seems that the only ways to go regarding regionals is determining whether they're career or stepping stone. If it becomes seen as a career, then wages would have to go up, benefits become better, QOL better.....all as it should; but that'll be the career mountain-top. If its going to remain a stepping stone, then it'll be treated like the minimally-run operation it is......why invest in guys who are just doing a proverbial "touch and go" there? Pay will remain low, QOL and such questionable depending on the person, etc; but no matter......the guy will be leaving soon anyway. The work force essentially being seen as "airline entry level" and treated as such.

It's not an easy answer. But it does seem to have to be one way or the other. I don't forsee it being a stepping stone, with the benefits of a career gig.

I could be wrong though.

super regional = republictron

republictron pay rates & QoL ≠ super regional payrates & QoL

Nothing says exciting like regional growth and mainline shrinkage...

You know when you in business class on an international flight and they bring the nuts, bread and butter out to start a multi-course meal? Well this was the nuts, bread and butter. The main course is just around the corner.

What's the main course, you're getting drafting off to 'nam?

What's the main course, you're getting drafting off to 'nam?

He has a "source" that ASA/SKY are going to FLY CRJ900's for USairways to replace Mesa.... ASA will have CLT base and SKW a PHX base.... He is getting excited just thinking about more ALPA Mesa pilots on the street and his ASA pilots possibly gaining flying.... But then again he said ASA would be named Skywest.... Guess we see where his information comes from and how it turns out to be true... Oh wait..... :)

I guess something is fundamentally wrong with supporting your company's plans to grow and prosper.

Trip, let me point something out to you that you seem to have lost.

Ready? Here it is:

YOU...WORK...FOR...A...REGIONAL...AIRLINE!

Any regional with plans to grow and prosper is sickening for someone with REAL career aspirations. Like the one I am intimately familiar with.

So if I work for the biggest airline in the world with everything from 747-400's down to DC-9's, can I be a SUPER LEGACY? :)

And how about five stripes for our captains? :sarcasm:

Trust me, when I was a young neophyte, I felt Skyway Airlines loved me too.

Back