So ASA is.... (drumroll please!)

I don't understand why companies that don't serve the end user bother to do marketing. Seriously, does anyone think that Joe Twelvepack is going to say, oh, cool, the next time I have to take a Delta or United feeder, it's GOT TO BE ASA!

Hell, man, they probably don't even know that it's ASA. Ask someone on that plane what airline they're on and they'll say Delta or United.

And most people won't give a crap either way as long as they save $2 on their roundtrip fare.
Some people know. I had a guy get on one day and say, "I'm so glad this airplane has the Skywest paint-job, instead of the United one. I F'ing HATE United!" of course, he did buy his ticket from United, so maybe I just helped prove your point.

The logo reminded me of another company that recently announced a re-branding....

seattlesbestlogo240x160.jpg

It's been done before.
primary_uscg.jpg

Although now it might be fun to call ASA crews "coasties."

I wouldn't dare put the coasties in the same category of ASA. I have a healthy dose of respect for what they do.

ASA, not as much.

...going to fly A320s for USairways...

Not according to the little airplane in their logo :) ... but it might be one of those Chinese DC-9s!

But the airplane in the box is going the wrong way! :eek:

It's flying from the Southeast... (at an angle of 60.5° from the horizon, which, from Atlanta, points them almost directly at Grand Forks!)

I wouldn't dare put the coasties in the same category of ASA.

Heh, I wasn't meaning to poop on anyone, except maybe for the ASA logo itself. :)

About the new Atlantic Southeast Airlines brand identity

Color: Red is a historic color in the Atlantic Southeast brand. The shade, PMS 1797, is strong and bold.

Aircraft: The aircraft shape represents regional equipment, and it flies beyond the box to show the dynamic future of the organization. Its position represents the airline's geographic roots in the Southeast.

Forward-angled box: The "forward-angled box" represents the strong, forward moving direction of the airline's business.

Grey bar: Represents Atlantic Southeast's partners that the airline works with to be successful.

Name: The full name clearly states who the airline is and is a source of pride for employees.

Tag line (Live connected.): Atlantic Southeast empowers people to live and work where they want, while allowing them to live connected to the people and places they love.

I'd like to thank ASA, umm, I mean Atlantic Southeast Airlines, for reminding me why I hate corporate eggheads so much. What a bunch of worthless tripe.

You know when you in business class on an international flight and they bring the nuts, bread and butter out to start a multi-course meal? Well this was the nuts, bread and butter. The main course is just around the corner.

doublefacepalm.jpg

Forward-angled box: The "forward-angled box" represents the strong, forward moving direction of the airline's business, the limit of management's imagination, and that box which no employee is authorized to think outside of.
Fixed it.

But the airplane in the box is going the wrong way! :eek:

So it should be pointing at the ground? :eek::eek: At least they are smarter than that. I would be willing to bet that a graphic like that was proposed in the early stages.

The logo reminded me of another company that recently announced a re-branding....

seattlesbestlogo240x160.jpg

Wasn't Seattle's Best bought out by Starbucks? I see a parallel.

So, how much did all of this cost??

It's flying from the Southeast... (at an angle of 60.5° from the horizon, which, from Atlanta, points them almost directly at Grand Forks!)

So it should be pointing at the ground? :eek::eek: At least they are smarter than that. I would be willing to bet that a graphic like that was proposed in the early stages.

More like the airplane is backwards from the forward movement of the airline industry. ;)

So, they re-branded themselves as....themselves.

I think you have re-branding confused with name change. When I first heard the news I thought it meant changing our name as well but its just changing our brand like how UAL and DAL have changed their brand a couple times over the last 10 years.

I along with many other employees here love this new logo, as well as the bold aspirations of the company. I have no doubt in my mind that we will reach every goal in our new vision.

I along with many other employees here love this new logo, as well as the bold aspirations of the company. I have no doubt in my mind that we will reach every goal in our new vision.

Yep, that settles it. Now I have to pretend I don't know you whenever I run into you in the terminal.

I think you have re-branding confused with name change. When I first heard the news I thought it meant changing our name as well but its just changing our brand like how UAL and DAL have changed their brand a couple times over the last 10 years.

Do you need some more? :D

Attachments

• kool.jpg
    kool.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 24
I guess something is fundamentally wrong with supporting your company's plans to grow and prosper.

I'll bet an easy way to get sick to your stomach would be to find out how much they paid some consulting firm to come up with this. Money well spent!

Interesting choice of cockpit crew for the photo on the pilot career page....

job-pilot.jpg

Not sure to put:rawk:and :beer: or :bandit:...

I'll bet an easy way to get sick to your stomach would be to find out how much they paid some consulting firm to come up with this. Money well spent!

It is when it is at the expense of underpaid employees.

Ok, if you took the entire about spent on the event and divided it among every employee at Atlantic Southeast Airlines I bet it would amount to a less than $1 per employee.

I guess something is fundamentally wrong with supporting your company's plans to grow and prosper.

I support my company's plans to grow and prosper. That's a big difference from guzzling the kool aid and talking about the company like it's the second coming, though.

Back