Skywest

As far as I know, yes.

Steady hiring for the EM2 and CRJ, continuing until further notice, was the last word I got.

This. It appears hiring shall be going on for quite some time now.
Which is exciting. Also, three 'new' (to us, anyway) Brasilias, which means the prediction that I like to make while bashing the CanuckJet Two Hundo ("When the last CRJ-200 goes to the boneyard, the crew will deadhead home on a Brasilia") may actually come true.

Which is exciting. Also, three 'new' (to us, anyway) Brasilias, which means the prediction that I like to make while bashing the CanuckJet Two Hundo ("When the last CRJ-200 goes to the boneyard, the crew will deadhead home on a Brasilia") may actually come true.

Indeed it might and I wouldn't shed a single tear!

Indeed it might and I wouldn't shed a single tear!
It's really a bummer that we didn't hold out for the superior 50-seat product (just from a pilot's point of view), but it also would have meant we'd have been at a disadvantage when the DC-9 Replacement Regional Jet (-700/-900) came along.

3? I know of 2 (237 and 298) but what's the 3rd?

A very general question, how do you guys like working for SW? Aside from the pay. Hectic, stressful, friendly environment? Just curious to hear from you guys that are in the thick of it everyday.

Thank you..

A very general question, how do you guys like working for SW? Aside from the pay. Hectic, stressful, friendly environment? Just curious to hear from you guys that are in the thick of it everyday.

Thank you..

Usually it's pretty enjoyable out on the line. Most of the crews are positive, humble, and normal. That being said, the past few weeks I've been working with more weirdo CAs and FAs than ever! Just comes and goes I guess. But most people here are definitely good and make the trip fun.

The trips really vary depending on your base and seniority. But in my 2.5 years here I've found most of the flying to be enjoyable and interesting. I'm always flying into new airports, and always learning something new. I've been on two different airplanes and three bases (all voluntarily). Next month I start doing our ASE flying out of DEN, and am looking forward to another big leap in experience gained. I recently finished the training for that, and it was pretty eye opening.

Speaking of training, our training department is top notch. Prior to SkyWest I did a 91 type at FlightSafety, and the SkyWest training was significantly better in several ways. Everyone at the training department wants you to succeed, and you are given all the tools and time necessary to do so. We do have a couple of jackasses that do the checkrides, but who doesn't? Fortunately they are in the minority, and I've only had to deal with one of them so far.

I want to move on from here as soon as possible, because after all it is a regional airline and I am a first officer that is way underpaid. But that being said, I would MUCH rather hang out here than go back to 135 or a crappy 91 jet job. It's an ok place to hang your hat until something better comes along... Excellent training and maintenance, an actual schedule, benefits, and livable pay after year one.

Usually it's pretty enjoyable out on the line. Most of the crews are positive, humble, and normal. That being said, the past few weeks I've been working with more weirdo CAs and FAs than ever! Just comes and goes I guess. But most people here are definitely good and make the trip fun.

The trips really vary depending on your base and seniority. But in my 2.5 years here I've found most of the flying to be enjoyable and interesting. I'm always flying into new airports, and always learning something new. I've been on two different airplanes and three bases (all voluntarily). Next month I start doing our ASE flying out of DEN, and am looking forward to another big leap in experience gained. I recently finished the training for that, and it was pretty eye opening.

Speaking of training, our training department is top notch. Prior to SkyWest I did a 91 type at FlightSafety, and the SkyWest training was significantly better in several ways. Everyone at the training department wants you to succeed, and you are given all the tools and time necessary to do so. We do have a couple of jackasses that do the checkrides, but who doesn't? Fortunately they are in the minority, and I've only had to deal with one of them so far.

I want to move on from here as soon as possible, because after all it is a regional airline and I am a first officer that is way underpaid. But that being said, I would MUCH rather hang out here than go back to 135 or a crappy 91 jet job. It's an ok place to hang your hat until something better comes along... Excellent training and maintenance, an actual schedule, benefits, and livable pay after year one.
Thanks much for taking the time to respond so detailed. How does it work with home life. Have any? What's your status? Kids, wife, time to decompress? Have always had an interest in flying 121 but now at 50+, it seems like it's a little late getting back into the game. Have a tendency to value the home life more these days.

Much appreciate your response

Yep.

I'm at 50% in my category after working here a year and change (and moving up a little more soon as well), which is awful nice. It's a good job. The flying on the Brasilia is great fun and I spend a disproportionate amount of time in the California sunshine. My complaints are all the normal regional airline complaints ("you mean, I have to work every Wednesday?").

We have excellent training, good maintenance, fair to good schedules, and decent paychecks (after year one). Best flying job I've ever had, certainly.

Don't fear the turboprop.

To each their own, but I couldn't have ended up at a better regional. The bases, the crews, the culture all pretty well jive with me. Good folks all around and when/if the time comes to move on it will be bittersweet. Like any corporation we aren't without our issues and I've been witness to some shenanigans but overall I'd recommend it.

Thanks much for taking the time to respond so detailed. How does it work with home life. Have any? What's your status? Kids, wife, time to decompress? Have always had an interest in flying 121 but now at 50+, it seems like it's a little late getting back into the game. Have a tendency to value the home life more these days.

Much appreciate your response

I wouldn't be much help in that regard... I'm in my '30s, no kids, no debt, a girlfriend and a dog. I spend all my free time playing in the mountains.

As a line holder, I do have a lot of time to decompress. I usually have half the month off or more. I used to have an 8-5 office job, and this job has so much more time off there's no comparison.

I thought it was three. Maybe it's only two. I'm flying Ship 237 tomorrow; I can't wait to see what new Bro-isms we've added to the fleet.

"Oh, it's doing it again?" -love tap-

A friend of mine flew it to Roswell for paint. It's this lovely thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 186
I thought it was three. Maybe it's only two. I'm flying Ship 237 tomorrow; I can't wait to see what new Bro-isms we've added to the fleet.

"Oh, it's doing it again?" -love tap-
I guess you're right. I'm flying with a LAX check airmen that's going to Delaware on Monday to pick up another bro that we bought back.

Back