Skywest parking 66 CRJ-200's, obtaining 34 CRJ-700/900's

Looks like a 2:1 swap on the Comair birds maybe?

I'm sure they're the Comair birds.

At this point we don't know if the swap is coming out of the Skywest fleet or the ExpressJet fleet.

This is all the more reason to have one list.

EDIT TO ADD: Though the RUMOR showing up on the company forums is that ExpressJet is getting 11 of the aircraft on a 1 for 1 swap. Which would mean that Skywest is going to pull down something like 55 CRJ-200's while only getting 23 aircraft.

Plus 9Es ATL 900s it seems

Numbers match up, so you're probably right. What's going to suck is all the guys (myself possibly) that get kicked back to the right seat when those -900s get parked while guys junior to us get to stay in the left seat on the -900 thanks to the Bloch award....

Rumor also has it 10 more -700s to GoJets. Go race to the bottom!

I'm waiting to see if Skywest management tries to whipsaw the two groups dangling the cuts in front of them. The smart thing to do would be split the increase/decrease evenly over the two. History shows it's going to be a "If you don't agree to this, we're parking the -200s from your side" type thing, though.

Hopefully no one sr to me bids DTW because of the horrible commute, and we bring new hires/junior guys in here.

Hopefully no one sr to me bids DTW because of the horrible commute, and we bring new hires/junior guys in here.

I keep hoping against hope that when I come back to work next year that we'll have an SLI finished so I can bid into the CRJ in DTW.

Majority of returned aircraft (exception of 25 Skywest Inc owned 200's rumored to be for LAX American flying) will be Delta owned/financed..... who's birds are Delta financed ASA or SkyWest???

Only 136 more -200s to park. Adios Mesaba. Or is it Pinnacle? I'm not sure. The paycheck says one the scheduling site says another and not a damn soul answers the telephone.

How will the whipsaw work? I thought Skywest pilots simply inherited whatever contract ASA/ExpressJet negotiate?

Good luck to everyone at Skywest. May the race to the bottom continue.

Majority of returned aircraft (exception of 25 Skywest Inc owned 200's rumored to be for LAX American flying) will be Delta owned/financed..... who's birds are Delta financed ASA or SkyWest???

I believe those are asa, Skywest owns all if theirs.

Only 136 more -200s to park. Adios Mesaba. Or is it Pinnacle? I'm not sure. The paycheck says one the scheduling site says another and not a damn soul answers the telephone.

How will the whipsaw work? I thought Skywest pilots simply inherited whatever contract ASA/ExpressJet negotiate?

Good luck to everyone at Skywest. May the race to the bottom continue.

That was only for the healthcare plan if it's better and the 401k.

I would seriously give up some money to put something in our contract that says you guys can't ride or coat tails. Stand up like big boys and negotiate on your own.
I'm not at skywest anymore. But I agree, the salt lake good old boys are the holdouts.

Back