Skywest parking 66 CRJ-200's, obtaining 34 CRJ-700/900's

How do you like Virgin? Seems like a lot of the captains I am flying with has interviews with them.

skyw82 said:
I believe those are asa, Skywest owns all if theirs.

For those that read the release, twenty-five are owned by Skywest Inc.

ExpressJet (ASA) operates those owned 25 that will eventually be removed from the DCI system.

Our leadership is very smart. Only the next few months will show if their work has paid off in securing a medium/long term future for any previous Delta CRJ-200's from Atlanta.

How's the Newark commute treating you?

hasnt been a problem most of the time. Jumpseat a lot here lately. But if I could avoid the hours drive and hours flight and make it just an hours drive i am all for that. 20 more days and i get second year pay!

How do you like Virgin? Seems like a lot of the captains I am flying with has interviews with them.

It's best airline customer service wise in the country hands down. They spare no expense to make it classy and hip, we just got new uniforms designed by the banana republic. They have purple LED lighting in the crew room and the cabin is about to be revamped with a really sophisticated IFE. They always have parties at HQ with beer and food ect. and our "net promoter score" is the highest of all the airlines and on level with companies like apple and goggle.

The only bad thing I have seen are the work rules and pay, skywest had better work rules than virgin for just about everything and while the pay is middle of the road companies like United and Usair are working under concessionary contracts that will see massive improvements in the next few year, so I think they will go from middle of the road to almost last without any significant pay raises. They are still new so those thing will change, I know the union drive got the 50% cards needed to call a vote so I think the in-house union will be put up for vote.

My biggest concern is the profitability, they took a big hit q1 and that was mostly because of new city start up costs and the Sabre screw ups. I don't ever think virgin will close up shop like aloha, midwest or skybus because they have the backing of some big investors who will stay as long as it is needed, but not making money is a problem for me personally as I want to be able to put down some roots and I'm gun shy about doing that since I don't know what could happen.

It's a great place and you feel like you're working for an airline that cares about what people think. The way I describe it is it is an airline that apple would start if they started an airline. You kinda feel like you've gone back to the golden days of aviation. The only thing missing is the double breasted jacket and the white hat. The pay and work rules are pretty low and we take a lot of heat from other pilots about it but things are in the works to remedy to that, management isn't stupid and knows the 60 airplanes they are getting aren't going to fly themselves. They know united, delta and us air are hiring soon and they need to be competitive to get people and keep the people they have here. So don't be so quick to label us the gojets of the majors.

I believe much more Skywest Inc. news to come around August 8,9th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

we just got new uniforms designed by the banana republic. They have purple LED lighting in the crew room

The pay and work rules are pretty low

So don't be so quick to label us the gojets of the majors.

That would be ridiculous. In what world is Virgin a "major"?

From APC:

August 03, 2012

SkyWest plans to add more than three dozen 76-seat aircraft to its Delta Connection service and remove nearly twice that number of 50-seaters as a nod to Delta Air Lines’ push for higher-capacity aircraft among its regional partners.

SkyWest, the parent company of SkyWest Airlines and ExpressJet Airlines, will take on 34 aircraft—five Bombardier CRJ700s and 29 CRJ900s—and shed 66 of its CRJ200s under an “understanding” reached with Delta. SkyWest will take delivery of the new aircraft between August 2012 and June 2013 for Delta Connection service and remove the CRJ200s between August 2012 and December 2015.

Of the 66 CRJ200s, 41 are Delta-financed aircraft and are scheduled to be returned to Delta without obligation to SkyWest, the Utah-based company says.

Of the 34 larger regional jets that SkyWest is adding to its Delta Connection operations, Delta says 18 will come from Delta regional subsidiary Comair, which is being shut down as of Sept. 29. Comair currently operates 15 CRJ700s and 13 CRJ900s.

The other 16 will come from Pinnacle, Delta says. Pinnacle, which is restructuring under Chapter 11 with Delta financing, operates 16 CRJ900s for Delta that are scheduled to be removed from service between January and May 2013; it also has a long-term deal to continue operating 41 other CRJ900s for Delta.

SkyWest CFO Michael Kraupp tells Aviation Week that SkyWest continues to determine its plans for the new aircraft—whether to take over existing financing, sublease them or pursue other actions.

The deal comes weeks after SkyWest expressed resistance to Delta’s plan to encourage its regional airline partners to end their 50-seat regional jet flying before feeder contracts expire. Kraupp told Aviation Week at the time that such an offer would not be acceptable unless an alternative were provided for the CRJ200s. He now says SkyWest is receptive to the deal because 41 of the 50-seaters belong to Delta and he is confident that SkyWest can place its 25 50-seaters “based on opportunities that we are working.” He says SkyWest will not have to park any of the aircraft.

From APC:

August 03, 2012

SkyWest plans to add more than three dozen 76-seat aircraft to its Delta Connection service and remove nearly twice that number of 50-seaters as a nod to Delta Air Lines’ push for higher-capacity aircraft among its regional partners.

SkyWest, the parent company of SkyWest Airlines and ExpressJet Airlines, will take on 34 aircraft—five Bombardier CRJ700s and 29 CRJ900s—and shed 66 of its CRJ200s under an “understanding” reached with Delta. SkyWest will take delivery of the new aircraft between August 2012 and June 2013 for Delta Connection service and remove the CRJ200s between August 2012 and December 2015.

Of the 66 CRJ200s, 41 are Delta-financed aircraft and are scheduled to be returned to Delta without obligation to SkyWest, the Utah-based company says.

Of the 34 larger regional jets that SkyWest is adding to its Delta Connection operations, Delta says 18 will come from Delta regional subsidiary Comair, which is being shut down as of Sept. 29. Comair currently operates 15 CRJ700s and 13 CRJ900s.

The other 16 will come from Pinnacle, Delta says. Pinnacle, which is restructuring under Chapter 11 with Delta financing, operates 16 CRJ900s for Delta that are scheduled to be removed from service between January and May 2013; it also has a long-term deal to continue operating 41 other CRJ900s for Delta.

SkyWest CFO Michael Kraupp tells Aviation Week that SkyWest continues to determine its plans for the new aircraft—whether to take over existing financing, sublease them or pursue other actions.

The deal comes weeks after SkyWest expressed resistance to Delta’s plan to encourage its regional airline partners to end their 50-seat regional jet flying before feeder contracts expire. Kraupp told Aviation Week at the time that such an offer would not be acceptable unless an alternative were provided for the CRJ200s. He now says SkyWest is receptive to the deal because 41 of the 50-seaters belong to Delta and he is confident that SkyWest can place its 25 50-seaters “based on opportunities that we are working.” He says SkyWest will not have to park any of the aircraft.

Last two sentences says it all. Lots of wheeling and dealing by Skywest Inc going on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back