Skywest parking 66 CRJ-200's, obtaining 34 CRJ-700/900's

Last two sentences says it all. Lots of wheeling and dealing by Skywest Inc going on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would guess that has something to do with the rumor of them taking AMR flying out of LAX. Just a guess though.

Trip7 said:
Last two sentences says it all. Lots of wheeling and dealing by Skywest Inc going on

Which translates to "get ready for the whipsaw game" for those that sit in the cockpit........

"The other 16 will come from Pinnacle, Delta says. Pinnacle, which is restructuring under Chapter 11 with Delta financing, operates 16 CRJ900s for Delta that are scheduled to be removed from service between January and May 2013"

And so begins the dismantling of Pinnacle as Delta uses them to control the regional world.
My crystal ball tells me in a few years the Pinnacle name will be no more and they will be wholly owned by Delta with operations based in MSP

"The other 16 will come from Pinnacle, Delta says. Pinnacle, which is restructuring under Chapter 11 with Delta financing, operates 16 CRJ900s for Delta that are scheduled to be removed from service between January and May 2013"

And so begins the dismantling of Pinnacle as Delta uses them to control the regional world.
My crystal ball tells me in a few years the Pinnacle name will be no more and they will be wholly owned by Delta with operations based in MSP

Nah. We'll still be in DTW. Too many flights to give to just Skywest and GoJets. With us they gain another regional to play in the whipsaw death match. MEM is gonna be history before long. We'll be out of ATL after January. No one really WANTS JFK/LGA.

These contracts need a NY Terminal Area handicap system, otherwise Companies are going to stay away from the flying. Well, at least the Companies that try to make money.

Which translates to "get ready for the whipsaw game" for those that sit in the cockpit........

Completely agree. We are in contract negotiations and haven't announced which carrier is getting the 16 900s, or which carrier is losing the 41 Delta owned CR2s. Feisty times ahead!

Nah. We'll still be in DTW. Too many flights to give to just Skywest and GoJets. With us they gain another regional to play in the whipsaw death match. MEM is gonna be history before long. We'll be out of ATL after January. No one really WANTS JFK/LGA.

I think he was saying company HQ in MSP. Which he would be correct.

A friend who worked at XJ in various Management positions was recently offered his job back... FWIW

Unless your flight plan includes a NAT track, JFK/LGA is purgatory.

I dunno, I haven't had any problems with either, and we go there frequently from IAD. However I know the reason why. When it gets THAT bad, United just cancels us.

I dunno, I haven't had any problems with either, and we go there frequently from IAD. However I know the reason why. When it gets THAT bad, United just cancels us.

Do you run flights like a hub out of there, though? THAT'S when things get out of control. One flight late leads to three flights being late, and if you're too late on the first leg, you're playing catch up and probably timing out by the end of the day. If you're going to be 3-4 hours late, they don't put it on a reserve to make sure the flight gets out like other airlines do. They just delay the flight because we don't have any other planes anyway. They're all over at the hangar because something they couldn't defer finally broke, and we don't buy parts for jack any more. Our MX in JFK are TDY from other stations. They don't want to pay people enough to actually LIVE close to JFK, so the only way to get MX guys there are to TDY them from other stations.....which after you factor in per diem (assuming MX guys get that) and hotels, they COULD have paid someone more at an hourly wage.

Sorry, I just wrapped up a four day that underscored just how asinine and backwards Pinnacle has gotten. I wouldn't be surprised if we're gone by this time NEXT year, and it would be all the fault of our piss poor management team.

Don't be late though. Momma don't like it when you're late.

Ask Jon O from YV.

The key is to know your metrics. Know what Daddy Delta is tracking and what they aren't. A0 is okay, but they don't get nuts until you get A+15. That's when DOT says you're late. D0 is the other big one.

Okay Go Jets get 10 Comair CR7's and SkyWest Inc gets the remaining 5 CR7's and 13 Comair CR9's as well as the 16 Pinnacle CR9's being shed in CH.11. It's nice of my employer to take on the leases of those 16 Pinnacle owned aircraft, when they should be getting new mainline aircraft instead!

Back