SkyLens Hiring for 2015-16 Season (new low mins)

Again, thanks for keeping it in the JC network. If life situation we different, my resume would have been one of them. Good luck in the season for everyone who was accepted!

Wait.. I think there was an issue with my email.. or phone... I never had an interview request
/ :cry:

Congrats to everyone who received offers! You guys are in for one of the greatest experiences of your careers. I miss it!!!! I might even be a little jealous of you guys. You're all going to have a great time. If anyone has questions you don't necessarily want to post on a public forum, don't hesitate to PM me.

Congrats to everyone! :cool::D:)

Use every open door as a learning opportunity!

P.s. @GabeOms cheer up bud! Keep striving for your goals. Remember its not how fast you get to your goal that matters. Its the journey, and obstacles you overcome; it's the lessons learned on the way which matters most.

Hey All,

I'm getting a lot of nice notes from those not selected and I do appreciate it. Having to tell a perfectly good pilot that I don't have a spot for them is the worst part of this job. I'm also getting questions like "why wasn't I selected?, what could I have done differently" etc. It's just not practical for me to do an individual critique on every resume. Please believe me when I say that very very few applicants were "disqualified". Sure, there were a few that misspelled the name of my company or didn't follow the application instructions (lack of attention to detail is kind of a big deal to me) but almost all of the resumes/applications were well qualified and I would have at least done a phone interview with every one if I had 71 seats available. I had to split hairs to whittle 71 down to 6 hired and 6 in the pool. I have a somewhat scientific scoring system for applications that classifies them into tiers based on the needs of my company and my 8 years experience doing this job. No single thing can make or break you - not even a single DUI or misdemeanor arrest. I also had someone ask if I hire women. I hire what I think are the best candidates for my operation, regardless of gender, race, religion or anything else that has nothing to do with job performance. Right now, having a multi rating and especially an MEI and 40+ multi hours with some Aztec time is an edge because we will be growing the Aztec fleet this year and I would rather promote from within. I need trainers in order to qualify pilots for the insurance mins. Once I have plenty of twin pilots then maybe that's not a big factor any more. And yes there is an advantage to having 500 hours tt as opposed to 250 but also as opposed to having over 1000. Some of my hires had no multi rating and some had bare minimum hours but had other positives that evened the score out. Don't over-think it folks, just try to be a great pilot and do everything right and it will fall into place eventually. Believe me, employers find the cream of the crop eventually. I'd also encourage you to continue to submit updated resumes throughout the season. As much as I hate turnover during the season, it does happen and we still have at least 4 more seats opening this season as the last two 172s and first two Aztecs go online. Thanks, everybody!

Last edited:
**BUMP** I've got another 2 Cessna seats to fill in January to cover the pilots moving from 172s to Aztecs. Please reference the info and link in the original post and follow the application instructions exactly.

**BUMP** I've got another 2 Cessna seats to fill in January to cover the pilots moving from 172s to Aztecs. Please reference the info and link in the original post and follow the application instructions exactly.

Would you consider applicants interested in part-time work as well (8 days/month or so ) ?

BUMP. A great position for folks who are OK with being on the road 100% of the time, want to fly their @ss off, and have good instrument skills.

(even though the photo mapping work itself is 100% VFR, flying grids requires a soft touch, and you'll also need those instrument skills on your IFR cross-country relocation flights)

Great company.

**Bump- Bump** I just had a seat come open unexpectedly and need a C172 pilot who can start immediately. Training needs to start this weekend (Feb 20th thru 22nd, 2016) at the latest. If interested and available, please review the application requirements in the original post and respond as soon as possible.

I work for Bryan. If anybody has some last minute questions for someone out on the job that haven't already been answered, shoot.

Back