Skiles and Age 65+

Congrats… you managed to break a decade long streak

f6f79f4e72c2c80a27ff077196a7e813.jpg

And it would have been a near 2 decade streak had OSU not gotten the hammer from the NCAA for tattoo gate.

Michigan’s superiority took place before most of the members of this board could count themselves as adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you’re not going to respond to this?

Honestly, if you can’t come up with a plausible story about who you say you are, you are probably going to be banned from this forum.
You know, if it’s not too late, I want to turn myself around and be part of this great community. You’re right, I’ve been unhelpful

The way this topic is being viewed is missing the danger lurking outside our borders. That danger is foreign pilots. They have already started coming in the way of Australians with the E-3 Visa. Next up will be everyone else with the H1-B. You see the advertisements for the lower end places already; Breeze, National, Northern Pacific, etc.

I have worked as that foreign pilot for a large part of my career and can say unequivacally, that you do not want pilots coming from overseas taking any jobs in the USA. We could never get traction for better terms and conditions at Emirates because there was always a company or country going through a bankruptcy that shed enough pilots to keep Emirates classess full.

Imagine the flood gates if/when the H1-B gets approved for pilots (it is being worked on as I type this). You will never get a contract improvement again when that happens. There are literally tens of thousands of pilots who would come here and work for half of what you work for.

Age 67 is the lesser of two evils. Keep the supply higher domestically so that you can control the market better and keep the low bidders outside of our territory.

Sadly, I don't think ALPA or many on here will really understand the danger until it is too late.

The way this topic is being viewed is missing the danger lurking outside our borders. That danger is foreign pilots. They have already started coming in the way of Australians with the E-3 Visa. Next up will be everyone else with the H1-B. You see the advertisements for the lower end places already; Breeze, National, Northern Pacific, etc.

I have worked as that foreign pilot for a large part of my career and can say unequivacally, that you do not want pilots coming from overseas taking any jobs in the USA. We could never get traction for better terms and conditions at Emirates because there was always a company or country going through a bankruptcy that shed enough pilots to keep Emirates classess full.

Imagine the flood gates if/when the H1-B gets approved for pilots (it is being worked on as I type this). You will never get a contract improvement again when that happens. There are literally tens of thousands of pilots who would come here and work for half of what you work for.

Age 67 is the lesser of two evils. Keep the supply higher domestically so that you can control the market better and keep the low bidders outside of our territory.

Sadly, I don't think ALPA or many on here will really understand the danger until it is too late.
SkyWest has been doing that crap for years.

TP,

You mentioned that's being worked on currently. Who's specifically pushing for H1-B visas ?
I can’t picture any CEO (or politician) coming out in public and saying “we need foreign pilots in our flight decks”.

I just can’t see how they would spin it in a positive to the traveling public, especially all the people who will be voting if we are talking about politicians approving this. It’s just not a good look for anybody.

The solution is just to make the career more attractive to prospective applicants. Airlines are doing it already with tuition reimbursement, bonuses, etc. United even has their own flight school now.

Keep increasing the pay and benefits and there won’t be much of a shortage.

Nothing altruistic, just selfishness, typical boomer.

It’s not our problem you didn’t manage your finances well and have alimony payments. You’ve had your time, move on.
I'm finally starting to realize boomers were/are delusional. They fail to realize they're nest egg retirement home didn't cost 50% of their paychecks when they were in their early 20's when they bought their lot in Newport Beach for $11,000 which now costs $7,999,995. I've literally run into dozens of customers that have said they're parents bought lots in the 50's, held onto them, and have now passed them down to their kids.

The average price of a single family home in the city I have lived in since 1988 is now: $1.16M. That is set to rise another 10% this year.

Not that I could have bought a house/condo growing up because of my background, but a condo in 1994 in Irvine was hovering around $80,000.

Boomers think their "hard work" instead of market conditions is what ballooned their homes values thus creating their wealth. Not to mention EVERYTHING was literally dirt cheap.

I can’t picture any CEO (or politician) coming out in public and saying “we need foreign pilots in our flight decks”.

I just can’t see how they would spin it in a positive to the traveling public, especially all the people who will be voting if we are talking about politicians approving this. It’s just not a good look for anybody.

The solution is just to make the career more attractive to prospective applicants. Airlines are doing it already with tuition reimbursement, bonuses, etc. United even has their own flight school now.

Keep increasing the pay and benefits and there won’t be much of a shortage.

Do you have DID? :D

Because that post actually sounded logical. It's like one moment you write like an adult. The next post your alter shows up, forgets everything the previous alter posted. Says he lives at home with his parents, but was gifted a house in NJ. But writes post like a high school VATSIM gamer.

Is one of your alters a basement dwelling VATSIM'er? If so, it would explain a lot.

What's the ALPA PAC doing to prevent this?

Not my job. I have given you the facts. You can choose to believe them or not. Either that or go down to NW 36th St. in Miami and talk to the Australians in class at National or the American that is helping them all enter and actively working the H1-B angle, like I have.
Let me amplify.

I've no doubt that the Aussies (or whomever) are in class everywhere (again, my old employer engaged in exactly that horse-hockey).

I'm saying draw the line neatly from Secretary Buttigieg to the H-1B visas.

Let me amplify.

I've no doubt that the Aussies (or whomever) are in class everywhere (again, my old employer engaged in exactly that horse-hockey).

I'm saying draw the line neatly from Secretary Buttigieg to the H-1B visas.

He is on record advocating for H1-B for skilled workers. Do a Google search.

Slightly different angle, but all the big agencies are advertising like this now also:

He is on record advocating for H1-B for skilled workers. Do a Google search.

Slightly different angle, but all the big agencies are advertising like this now also:

Do they have to transfer their EASA ratings over to FAA, like we would have to do, if we went over to try to fly in Europe?

Do they have to transfer their EASA ratings over to FAA, like we would have to do, if we went over to try to fly in Europe?

Yes, but it is simple to do in the USA. Take the ATP-CTP course; ATP written; do an interview with the FAA; then a type ride and bingo they have an FAA ATP.

That’s a whole other battle to fight. EASA land needs to reciprocate that ease of transfer for U.S. pilots.

Back