Silver Airways Saab Lands At Wrong Airport

And get a vector even...create time.

Oh yeah man!

I flew a sweet b-52 pattern when I lost the engine in ORD several years ago. Even finished my mcmuffin.

"Yeah and when you're ***NOM NOM NOM*** done with that cleanup checklist Mel, ***NOM NOM NOM*** tell O'Hare I'm ready for a base turn"

Oh yeah man!

I flew a sweet b-52 pattern when I lost the engine in ORD several years ago. Even finished my mcmuffin.

I remember having a flaps fail message on the CRJ going into HPN years go. The captain had been talking all during the descent about how he needed to hit the lav as soon as we got to the gate, so having to go around and deal with the QRH was killing him. So, we just asked to hold present position while he went back and took care of business in the lav. I'm sure NY wasn't thrilled with a CRJ flying circles in their airspace for a few minutes, but we had all the time we needed in the world. :)

Reminds me forgoing my top of descent pee break, radar tilted down to figure out where we had to slow on the offshore arrival into FLL, flying the speed of heat.

Well, that's not an impressive number in a 737-200.

Anyway, I gotta whizz like you wouldn't believe and I'm probably going to b alright.

Then a flipping GulleyAir beech 1900 has a runway incursion and tower sends us around. Got it turned downwind and told the skipper that either I hit the lav now or it's going to get awkward very soon.

What's this grief about a 25 minute leg?

Crap man, we used to to HEF-IAD and full blast. Rkd-aug the same way. If you give yourself a good preflight, then it's no issue.

One of the few times I'll stick up for 121...

They've got a lot more to accomplish than a Part 91 or 135 flight.
Operating those flights for Colgan wasnt bad. Ewr-bdl in the q was sub 25 minutes as well...

The real kick for the 121 crew I the day full of 25 minute turns, it's a lot more work, with a lot of details to miss in such a short window.

AOO-JST or MGW-CKB were a pain in the SAAB...lots to get done in a short period of time...Oh, HYA-MVY was a pretty quick one also...

What's this grief about a 25 minute leg?

Crap man, we used to to HEF-IAD and full blast. Rkd-aug the same way. If you give yourself a good preflight, then it's no issue.
I agree. I have done quicker legs single pilot in faster equipment. 25 minutes is plenty of time. If someone looks at it and tries to hustle their way through the flows and checklists they will make mistakes and actually slow down. Brief everything before you go and it is a non-issue.

The key is to not force something. If you need time ask for a delay vector to finish what needs to be done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I just looked at the VFR chart for that... I mean, do you even bother to raise the gear? Sheesh.

United used to do SFO-OAK hops all the time. They just took off out of SFO, turned base, and then landed. Gear stayed down. Compared to SFO-OAK, 25 minutes is a long long time.

I just looked at the VFR chart for that... I mean, do you even bother to raise the gear? Sheesh.
One thing I'll say with quick flights like that is to keep it as normal SOP as possibly. As soon as you start trying to be clever it goes south and you start to forget things.
Do you want a Royal Flying Cross for doing that?
It's funny your mother has a position she calls that.

So I don't have a dog in the fight here between Seggy & Jhugz, but this gif was too perfect. I present this thread in .gif format.

e3S86.gif

Back