Sick of soiled cabins and biting, Delta wants proof that support animals are trained

I love all dogs. But lapdogs will always be my favorites. I don't need to compensate for "something" with a big dog. ;)

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvN0tMS0kwUG1zNmR0Uy9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

Sure, OK sport!

These are the guidelines and regs of ACAA and the ADSA just for everyone's FYI.

https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/P3.SA_.HUD Matrix.6-28-6.pdf

As much as I detest most government intervention, they do need to step in and stop all the phony vests, certs, and documentation for service and support dogs (or any animal) that are readily available all over the internet for a fee. I've even seen people at pet expos with booths/tables selling these items. There should be huge fines for this b.s.

People with legit emotional/mental disabilities/issues, and those with traumatic brain injuries, have been harmed/had things made more difficult for them because of these bogus and fraudulent entities. For example, as more Vets became qualified to have not only service dogs to perform tasks for them due to injuries they sustained, and dogs that are trained to alert for seizures and know what to do if their owner has one, another group of Vets with TBI and PTSD have also benefited greatly from the use and companionship of support dogs, even dogs trained to assist a person with balance, mobility and or dizziness issues. These dogs can also be trained to respond in a specific manner if their owner become overly upset/angry, begins to act out or starts to shut down and become depressed.

Being that so many in the general public are always looking for ways to screw others and to selfishly do what they want to regardless of any laws, they have created a complete and utter chaotic mess for those with real disabilities. Service animals are always well behaved, have had obedience training and are trained to do specific tasks, even though those tasks may not be obvious at the moment.

There exists no real, recognized and controlled/monitored registry for service and support dogs. That is also an issue and has contributed to the issues that we have all observed. It was always the thinking by the ADA not to burden or cause more anguish/issues/hassles for those with legit disabilities who have been through enough. They also state that no documentation can be asked for or shown to document a service or support animal. But, what that has created is everyone and their mother claiming their pet is a service or support animal. Those who truly need and benefit from service and support animals would actually be better served if their was a legit national registry and legit, verified documentation was required and they had a sort of license and tag that would be the proof of the validity of their service or support animal. All of the vests for dogs would also be uniform. This could all be accomplished without the person having to publicly reveal the nature of their disabilities, for the sake of privacy and to comply with HIPPA laws. There would always be some amount of fraud, but nothing to the extent that we are seeing currently.

There also needs to be better guidelines and standards of what a support animal can be. Having people wanting to bring their frogs, turkeys, raccoons, ducks, parakeets and whatever with them as support animals, is ridiculous. It makes a joke out of the real need for a support animal by those with actual issues who have a trained animal.

As usual...... TLDR

I love all dogs. But lapdogs will always be my favorites. I don't need to compensate for "something" with a dog. ;)

FIFY. I'm not so insecure that I need the continuous slavish attention and affirmation from a 4-legged mammal.

Intermittent and indifferent attention from a animal whose only motivation is self interest is fine in my book, and it is otherwise self sufficient...plus I don't have to walk it.

My folks have had a couple of those (I don’t think my spelling of the breed would pass the filters ;)), and they were also called a NARD, Not A Real Dog.
I went to the zoo, but all they had was a small Chinese dog with long white hair. I was disappointed, to be honest I thought it was a....

FIFY. I'm not so insecure that I need the continuous slavish attention and affirmation from a 4-legged mammal.

Intermittent and indifferent attention from a animal whose only motivation is self interest is fine in my book, and it is otherwise self sufficient...plus I don't have to walk it.
“Oh, you’re back? I was hoping you’d died. Now feed me and scoop my poop”

Back