Serial Stowaway

bLizZuE

Calling for engine starts en français
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hare-to-london-flight-20180119-story,amp.html

A woman notorious for sneaking onto commercial airplanes has once again been arrested — this time after making her way through a federal checkpoint at O’Hare International Airport and onto a plane that flew her to London, authorities said.

Marilyn Hartman, 66, is believed to have gotten through airport security without a boarding pass or passport, flown to London’s Heathrow Airport and was detained by British Customs officials when she landed Monday, according to a news release from Chicago police. Hartman was sent back to Chicago and landed at O’Hare on Thursday. She now faces a felony theft charge and a misdemeanor criminal trespass charge, according to police.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hare-to-london-flight-20180119-story,amp.html

A woman notorious for sneaking onto commercial airplanes has once again been arrested — this time after making her way through a federal checkpoint at O’Hare International Airport and onto a plane that flew her to London, authorities said.

Marilyn Hartman, 66, is believed to have gotten through airport security without a boarding pass or passport, flown to London’s Heathrow Airport and was detained by British Customs officials when she landed Monday, according to a news release from Chicago police. Hartman was sent back to Chicago and landed at O’Hare on Thursday. She now faces a felony theft charge and a misdemeanor criminal trespass charge, according to police.
TSA is such a joke, pretty sure it's comprised of all of the dumbest kids from our high school days. TSA once waved me through KCM after just looking at my badge, I didn't have KCM at the time but was directed there by another TSA "officer"

“Cook County prosecutors described Hartman as a "serial stowaway." She told NBC-Ch. 5 in December 2015 that she "may have" boarded planes without a ticket eight times.”

Sounds like the TSA needs to hire her as an undercover person to probe their procedures.

Jesus, she's been doing this for years and arrested more times than I can count. A couple of years ago she had snuck on some flight to LAX, got arrested upon landing and when she was let out of jail, she went right back to the airport and tried to board another flight with no ticket and was arrested again. She's been arrested at, at least 8 different airports that I can remember.

I’ve been turned away from security with my airline badge and told to get a boarding pass before they would let me through security. How the frack does she get all the way on a flight and to the destination?

Why are still pissing tax dollars down the toilet on the useless TSA?

She also accessed the flight deck of at least one Trans Global flight...

airport_5.jpg

@Maximillian_Jenius what kind of mental illness would this woman qualify as?

Well immediately, it strikes since she's a repeat offender. That she feels that rules do not apply to her, possibly even some extreme entitlement. Sociopaths/psychopaths, get bored very easily, and as a result, need constant external stimulation. Sociopaths are also known to take huge and often dangerous risk, as a result of this self-destructive behavior and near constant need for attention/acting out behavior.

While I can't officially diagnosis. I can talk to someone, observe/assess behavior patterns and at least form a judgment. If I'm spitballing, I'd say something from the Cluster B of the DSM-V's dramatic spectrum. Maybe sociopathy or narcissism. Or a combination of both.

Last edited:
Well immediately, it strikes since she's a repeat offender. That she feels that rules do not apply to her, possibly even some extreme entitlement. Sociopaths/psychopaths, get bored very easily, and as a result, need constant external stimulation. Sociopaths are also known to take huge and often dangerous risk, as a result of this self-destructive behavior and near constant need for attention/acting out behavior.

While I can't officially diagnosis. I can talk to someone, observe/assess behavior patterns and at least form a judgment. If I'm spitballing, I'd say something from the Cluster B of the DSM-V's dramatic spectrum. Maybe sociopathy or narcissism. Or a combination of both.

I figured since you see a lot of this in your daily work that you'd have at least a good educated guess, not necessarily a diagnosis. And what you are saying makes sense in terms of some kind of personality disorder to keep doing what she's doing as if it's some kind of mental obsession.

Or maybe she's, like, ya know, bored with nothing to do?

Or maybe she's, like, ya know, bored with nothing to do?

Well, I already stated that she was probably bored and I listed the reasons why I felt that she was probably bored. But her total dismissal of the rule of law and its consequences, lead me down the path that I considered. This is not normal or acceptable behavior.

Sociopaths lack emotions, or rather sometimes they're so deeply repressed, that the only time that they can actually "feel" emotions or even alive is when taking extreme and often dangerous risk. Most often times consequences be damned. The sociopath mind is more geared toward short or immediate gratification or reward. Like the Batman line about not caring about the jewels. But instead the excitement of just wanting to see the world burn, as a result of their actions.

In the more violent sociopaths escalating/acting out dangerous behavior, to feel emotion or alive. Tends to lead them to rape/murder. As the excitement of being in full, control of another's life, as they're totally out of control. Is viewed by them as satisfying their immediate reward center for power and ultimately control.

Honestly somebody should talk to her and offer her a reduced sentence if she demonstrates how she gets through.

Nah.

If @Maximillian_Jenius's diagnosis is correct, she's clearly executive material. Some investment bank or hedge fund should hire her immediately. Oh, wait... she's not skull and bones??

Back