Sell me on long call convertible reserve

One of the captains in my crashpad in SFO isn’t consolidated yet.
I kept calling CS to ask for trips when I was trying to get consolidated. Apparently I wasn’t a priority, and then they were flabbergasted when I wouldn’t pick up trips on my days off to get er done. I did agree to rearrange my days off though and I barely got the hours in the nick of time.

I kept calling CS to ask for trips when I was trying to get consolidated. Apparently I wasn’t a priority, and then they were flabbergasted when I wouldn’t pick up trips on my days off to get er done. I did agree to rearrange my days off though and I barely got the hours in the nick of time.

We have a high priority Landing Currency and Consolidation of Skills reserve bucket that pushes you to the top of the list. I think it kicks in 21 days before you run out of landings and 60 days before consolidation is up.

I didn't have to consolidate when I finished OE for upgrade in February, which is a good thing because here it is in August and a combination of reserve, union work, and now being out on medical means that I've only got 70 hours since then with almost 30% of it not counting because of augmented crew rules.

I mean, if you leave SkyWest for Spirit for bigger paycheck…
Made more (a LOT more), worked less (a LOT less).

Not magic. Sure the paychecks weren't of the stool-loosening variety handed out here at the top end (it only really matters if you happen to be at said top end, which would require you to be on the list to begin with), but here's an actual photo of the people who were all "you're leaving SkyWest for THAT?":
IMG_0648.jpg

(this one is getting a workout this week)

Not as bad as "Native American" after RenoAir/AA...

On that note, the pilots called the white ex-RenoAir MD-80/87/90s "White Trash" as well. LOL.

American_Airlines_McDonnell_Douglas_MD-87_%28DC-9-87%29_Silagi-1.jpg
"Nordstrom vs K-Mart"

AA vs TWA...actually said during seniority list integration hearings by a certAAin AAirline's merger committee.

Back