Sell me on long call convertible reserve

I bid reserve every other month so I can basically fly a month, and not fly a month. I live in base and don't really mind convertable LC however I typically bid SC because I like bidding a RAP that prevents me from A) covering the morning push from sick calls the night before and B) no redeyes. Convertable is fine and I don't mind all the conversions to SC, especially when I am not used and still get paid for the conversion but I don't like the threat of a conversion to a RAP I don't want, so I would rather go for SC. Especially now that SC is 84 hours.

“Just keep doing what you’re doing!”

Well, because if you said “Yeah, I’d leave Skywest for Spirit because it’s a BIGGAR JET”, which is specious advice to begin with, you’re going to spend some time in court. LOL

YEAH I’M TRIGGERED! :) (not really)

I bid reserve every other month so I can basically fly a month, and not fly a month. I live in base and don't really mind convertable LC however I typically bid SC because I like bidding a RAP that prevents me from A) covering the morning push from sick calls the night before and B) no redeyes. Convertable is fine and I don't mind all the conversions to SC, especially when I am not used and still get paid for the conversion but I don't like the threat of a conversion to a RAP I don't want, so I would rather go for SC. Especially now that SC is 84 hours.

Just curious:

How on earth is this helpful?

How is reserve in PDX for someone who would otherwise be a very junior line holder there? Asking for a friend

How is reserve in PDX for someone who would otherwise be a very junior line holder there? Asking for a friend
Pretty damn amazing. I haven’t thought about bidding a line in over a year. I get used 3-5 days/month and credit 85-95 hours. Pick up trips here and there. I do bid convertible long call for the extra credit and preference to be converted on all my reserve days. I’ve been converted 9 times this month with 7 more potential for an extra 12 hours of credit.

Wasn't there a pilot group that had a "hired not acquired " sticker some years back?
Not as bad as "Native American" after RenoAir/AA...

On that note, the pilots called the white ex-RenoAir MD-80/87/90s "White Trash" as well. LOL.

American_Airlines_McDonnell_Douglas_MD-87_%28DC-9-87%29_Silagi-1.jpg

What @word302 said. Im on my first trip assignment of the month right now. About the same relative seniority as him in the other seat.

It’s been the summer of George! No way would I want to be a line holder and actually have to work.

Last edited:
Back