Seeking some ideas and advice, feel free to chime in!

MMajewski

Hey guys,

I have been browsing through the forums, but haven't been posting. I wanted to present my situation and seek some ideas and/or suggestions for the future. I come from Poland, but completed a 4-year aviation degree here in the United States. I have a commercial multi-engine/instrument certificate and approximately 320 hours total time. For some time I thought that I would complete a masters degree and aeronautics and simultaneously work on converting licenses to JAA through a distance learning program. The final goal was to start a flying career at home. That has been coming along slowly, and I have already passed two exams, as well as completing one year of masters, but in my mind, my goals are changing a bit. Managing time effectively to accomplish everything is more difficult than I thought, and I don't think I would like to return to Europe immediately. I am a dual Polish/American citizen so there are many opportunities for me here, especially on the operations/safety side of aviation, which my masters degree focuses on. A flying career would be ideal, but I can't do anything with the flight time that I have, so getting instructor certificates and teaching for a while would be necessary unless I want to simply keep flying as a hobby. I've been spending most of my time in Florida for the past five years and I am ready to just get out of here and see something new, as well as meet new people. My family would obviously like to see me home as soon as possible, but I feel I may just have to put them off to the side for a while in order to become fully independent, and experience new things here in the US before thinking of settling down at home in Europe. As far as actual flying goes, are there any options for a low-time guy like me?

Looking forward to some good opinions or ideas.

Thanks,

Maciej

Back